Ultra-Rare Disease Consultant, Dermatology
San Francisco, CA, USA | Boehringer Ingelheim
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Ultra Rare Disease Consultant develops pre-call plans to meet the individual Dermatology health care professionals' (HCP) needs as well as the accounts needs. Builds valued discussion around HCP and patient needs and opportunities. Fosters HCP network development and communication, including infusion center networks. Has accurate and timely follow-up discussions with all HCP stakeholders. Fosters ongoing trust with HCPs as relationships develop. Excels at using appropriate BIPI Sales Training techniques which supports and encourages technical exchange of scientific knowledge and dialogue thereby providing enhanced value to the HCP through facilitation of individual patient management and therapy decision making process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert in identification of key territory business needs and activities, establishes business plans that address comprehensive territory business needs and identifies and supports regional business needs through active involvement of ABD, Marketing team, Clinical Educator, RAADs, Key Account Managers , and other BI Internal support personnel in the development, management and accomplishment of key Territory business opportunities.
- Provides expert analysis of territory information to optimize HCP stakeholder calls. Monitors and effectively reacts to local market conditions for changes that impact business at territory level. Utilizes VEEVA and other BI supporting analysis processes to plan activity, monitors literature use, and maintain account and HCP records, as appropriate.The Ultra Rare Disease Consultant leads others by example through successful and timely completion of all Sales Training requirements, (including LOS) and completion of all admin assignments on time. This individual will also serve as a peer leader, sharing best practices, as well as assists in identifying payer and customer trends within respective regional geography.
- Manages territory budget that supports the development of Regional and Territory thought leaders, innovators and advocates to support BIPI products. He/she assist in determining how to efficiently utilize Regional and National Speakers and other company resources in their territory by pro-actively working with ABD. Provides appropriate feedback and follow-up to speakers and attendees. Initiates contacts and network-building among advocates and medically complex dermatologist and other stakeholders. Expertly manages programs and budgets to stay within BI standards. Determines how to efficiently and effectively utilize company resources to include Regional and National speakers by pro-actively working with Dermatology Leadership and Marketing teams.
- Performs all company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, POMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
- Provides consistent, timely and complete administrative duties and responsibilities. All expense reports, call reports, and communications are completed effectively and on time. Additionally, accepts responsibility and ownership of personal development while working closely with his/her ABD. Develops a personal development plan and ensures twice annual review with ABD. Assist the Area Business Director with special programs and initiatives designed to support the growth and development of peers within the Region.
- Demonstrates complete and exceptional knowledge of BIPI products and related marketplace, effective translation of product knowledge into the sales presentation and is customer focused with a priority directed towards providing solutions-based customer interactions. Delivers exemplary level of clinical and technical value to his/her customers, assisting the health care customer in meeting their unique patient care needs, all within BI regulatory guidelines.
- Provides expert understanding of the complex payer landscape. As a trusted Ultra Rare Disease Consultant, encourages and receives requests from customers for expert technical information outside of standard visits. Through all these endeavors, develops trust and subsequent value with dermatology customers.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience with a minimum of 3 years rare disease specialty care experience required, OR 8 years successful pharmaceutical sales experience with the ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the complex specialty care selling model including a typical rare disease patient and prescription journey.
- Experience in rare or ultra-rare orphan drug launches, specialty pharmacy distribution, buy and bill, infusion therapy and medically complex dermatology strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Ability to translate key scientific information supporting product, competitors, science and marketplace to a broad range of customers.
- Ability to travel with overnights and attendance at some weekend programs.
- Displays AAI behaviors: Agility, Accountability, and Intrapreneurship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.Want to learn more?Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Already a member? Sign In