UnityPlace - Assistant Manager, Residential Services
Peoria, IL, USA | UnityPoint Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
The Residential Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the administration and oversight of daily operations at all UnityPlace residential locations designed for adults with chronic mental illness. Additionally, the Assistant Manager provides supervision and support to both residential staff and consumers in the residential programs.
Key Accountability – Program Oversight and Administration
· Actively participates in the planning and development of comprehensive residential services, budgets, policies and standards.
· Works effectively as a key member of an interdisciplinary leadership team.
· Assists Manager in ensuring expenses meet budget and assists in securing funding for residential services whenever possible.
· Assists Manager in ensuring all agency and governmental regulations for residential services are met.
· With the manager, regularly inspects the living environment at residential sites for compliance with health and safety requirements. Works with other agency departments to ensure residential sites are properly maintained.
· Works with Manager to ensure all consumer medications are properly ordered, stored, and observed.
· Works with Manager to develop and implement residential programming.
· Works with manager to develop menus and purchase food items for selected residential sites.
· Assists in the oversight and approval of transportation as needed.
· Assists Manager with providing evening and weekend on-call availability for crises and staff support at all residential sites (both Peoria and Pekin locations).
Key Accountability – Staff Support and Supervision
· Assists Manager with the hiring, orientation, training, evaluating and supervision of residential staff.
· Helps develop and implement staff schedules to assure all sites have proper coverage according to shift needs to complete necessary consumer functions, such as dietary, housekeeping, dispensing of medications, etc.
· Assists with promoting staff compliance with productivity standards, as well as ensuring accurate paperwork submission is completed in a timely manner.
Key Accountability – Consumer Support and Supervision
· Oversees and provides case management/ skills training/ recovery services to residential consumers.
· Coordinates residential consumers’ medical needs with case management/nursing staff.
· Provides assessment and clinical documentation.
· Responds appropriately to consumer crises.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Demonstrates ability to work with mental health consumers in a positive, therapeutic manner.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse.Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of administrative staff.Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral health care or allied fields.
Four years of experience in healthcare or mental health services.
HP (Mental Health Professional)
QMHP (Qualified Mental Health Professional)
Already a member? Sign In