London, United Kingdom | Star
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
We are looking for a UX Strategist to take on a leading role in challenging and inspiring our clients, shaping their propositions and enabling their growth ambitions.
You will be a key contributor to driving strategic growth at Star by dramatically expanding our efforts upstream to help our clients envision and deliver groundbreaking business concepts for digital products and services. You should be dedicated to building partnerships, collaborating with clients to understand their needs, bringing clarity to complex business challenges and utilizing strategic methodologies to enable problem-solving.
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
You will be working primarily in regulated industries such as Digital Health and Medtech while engaging with clients and colleagues across the US, Europe and Asia. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, you will partner closely with our global industry teams and our regional sales, design and engineering teams to identify, pursue and deliver digital strategy engagements for new and existing clients.
You will spend your days immersed in client discussions, cross-capability workshops and strategic analysis. You will be front and centre presenting your findings and insights to clients, recommending ways forward and bringing strategic insight to cross-capability workshops - both virtual and (where appropriate) physical. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop your voice and learn from your peers to enrich and deepen your strategic skill set, connecting deductive dots, and making inductive leaps.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, someone who's willing to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the growth and vitality of Star.Charisma, ambition and confidence are essential, while at the same time being humble, disarming, and a team player. We value pragmatism, creating real solutions to real challenges for real people. Last but not least, attention to detail and always striving to do better is critical because 'good enough' is never good enough.
Our Digital Strategists are also some of our most prominent thought leaders. You will have the opportunity to have your thoughts, ideas, and perspectives crafted into public thought leadership and help educate fellow team members globally.
• Conducting primary and secondary research and analysis to connect the dots across industry, business and technology trends and bringing that analysis to life;
• Synthesising qualitative and quantitative market data into meaningful business-relevant insights and being adept at conveying them to a range of stakeholders as needed;
• Planning and supporting client workshops and documenting workshop outcomes, and delighting participants with your enthusiasm and ambition;
• Mapping and prioritising business concepts using value propositions, use cases and indicative business modelling;
• Collaborating with and supporting Design and Engineering teams to define product roadmaps and product requirements specifications;
• Supporting commercial and delivery teams to craft compelling proposals.
• An academic background (bachelor or master degree) in a UX related field such as Service Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, UX Design, Design Research, business applied anthropology or other relevant program.
• 3-5 years of professional experience working in cross-disciplinary teams within a consultancy, startup or in-house design/innovation team;
• Experience working with UX strategy in regulated environments such as Digital Health and Medtech;
• Experience with of strategic tools and methodologies;
• Excellent spoken and written English—other language skills would be a plus.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Already a member? Sign In