Value Consulting Director
New York City, NY, USA | Outreach
Functions:Consulting - Strategy
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
Come work on the leading edge of modern and transformative sales engagement strategy here at Outreach. In this individual contributor role, you will not only support the build out of our Value Consulting practice, but you will work hand-in-hand with some of the most innovative, performance-driven sales leaders in the world. The focus for the Outreach Value Consulting Team is to work with CEOs, CROs, CMOs and CIOs to understand key challenges and objectives across their revenue journey, and then collaborate directly with these leaders on the necessary organizational, process, and technology changes that will help them unlock their full potential.
In partnership with our experienced Account Executives, Solutions Consulting, and Customer Success resources, our team will develop detailed analysis and deliver high-impact, high visibility deliverables that will help Outreach’s largest prospects and customers set their revenue strategy for the future. You will also help customers just starting their Outreach journey understand the kind of quantitative and qualitative improvements they can expect throughout their lifecycle, building plans to help them reach their goals over time, while showcasing the maximum possible impact from an Outreach investment.
Reporting to the VP of Value Consulting, we are excited to be able to add to our growing team!
Who you are
• An excellent and empathetic listener that puts customer outcomes first, and organizes themselves to be obsessively focused on helping our customers achieve and sustain maximum value over time.
• You run on “Customer for Life” principals while always being an honest advocate for how Outreach fits in the customer context.
• A highly engaged and performance-driven professional that is adept at articulating value and vision, and then breaking it down for your managers, extended internal teams and customers to then communicate and execute.
• You have a deep understanding of executive-level business transformation strategies, and the ability to build a vision for change at the highest levels of the largest companies within our book of business.
• You understand the key tenants of a Value Consulting practice, but also how Sales, Revenue and Marketing executives run their businesses.Ideal candidates have prior experience in relevant Value Consulting type practices and/or “Big 5” consulting.
• You bring relevant industry experience and understand how to frame opportunity within our market category, including the articulation of benefits from different technology stack, platform and partner choices.
• You are willing to join a rapidly growing practice and company, and are not afraid of ambiguity or lack of structure.
• You are energized by ambitious goals and are committed to high business impact.
• You are an effective communicator and teammate who prioritizes quality of work and successful outcomes over ego.
• Your results speak for themselves, and allow you to influence others.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
• Lead cross-functional engagement with prospects and customers (at all levels of their organization), helping them understand how Outreach can accomplish best partner fit in their operating context.
• Engagements will include discovery, benchmarking, scoping, business case development, workshops, gauging maturity and ensuring proper transition to post sales teams along with the activation of necessary resources.
• Development and management of repeatable processes and tools that are codified over time for reach and scale.These processes and tools help the company articulate the value of Outreach and Partner products and the business transformation they can facilitate.
• Being a thought-leader and evangelist for the company, across multiple channels, sharing expertise around the business outcomes that Outreach facilitates.
• Work with internal Product Management, Marketing and Strategy teams to educate them on strategic Customer initiatives and market trends.
• 12-15 years experience in consultative roles that are aligned to Sales, Revenue and Go to Market strategies in a SaaS environment. Masters in Business Degree preferred.
• Proven examples of developing thought leadership and delivering business process improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in cultivating and maintaining relationships with senior level management at Fortune 500 companies.
• Experience in quantitative analysis and financial modeling, as well as building tools that will give the team the ability to perform this function.
• Ability to align commercial, technology and business outcomes.
• Solid experience building business cases and success plans.
• Familiarity with Google Workspace (G-Suite) and Tableau.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and program management skills.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow(LGBTQIA+), Gender+,LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Already a member? Sign In