Vice Chancellor of Instruction and Chief Academic Officer (Cao)
N/a, USA | Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Master’s degree in an instructional area offered at the college.
Five (5) years successful experience in an instructional leadership position.
Five (5) years full-time teaching experience.
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
Earned doctorate in an instructional area represented at the College.
Five (5) years successful experience in an academic leadership position in a multi-campus urban community college.
Full-time teaching experience in a community college setting.
Demonstrated commitment to and experience with worRecruiter education priorities including non-credit/credit career pathways, stack-able credentials, credit for prior learning, and work based learning experiences such as internships and apprenticeships.
Demonstrated experience using, managing, or supporting instructional technologies, including online and web-based resources.
Demonstrated commitment to develop, support, and enhance MCC diversity initiatives, particularly in curriculum development and staffing.
Demonstrated commitment to shared governance.
Demonstrated commitment to openness, accessibility, and flexibility, and to building a trusting and responsive administration.
Demonstrated experience in effective budgetary management.
Demonstrated grant management experience and oversight.
Demonstrated experience in oral and written communications confirming the ability to effectively research, organize and persuade diverse internal/external audiences with the MCC community network.
Compensation Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be attached to the online application to receive any consideration.
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following
A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and addresses the following
The highlights of your education and experience which specifically prepare you for this position;
The mission of the community college, and how you would contribute to the mission.
Your experiences in supervision within an academic institution;
Leadership in a complex organization such as MCC; and
The basis for your familiarity with multi-culturalism and working in a diverse environment.
A resume to include three professional references with name, address, and phone number.
Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts will be required if selected for an interview.
Interviews will be conducted by a search committee.
Position will remain open until filled.
Candidates who apply by January 25, 2019 will receive first consideration. This position will remain open until filled
Learn more about Kansas City, MO click here
Executive level position reporting to the chancellor. The Vice Chancellor of Instruction and CAO will be an experienced, progressive academic leader who inspires the faculty and staff, is committed to student success, and effectively collaborates to advance the mission of the college by inspiring a new way of thinking and acting. The position will provide direction for all of MCC’s academic, career and technical education non-credit and credit programs, instructional support services, and resources as chief academic officer (CAO) of the district.
Typical Essential Duties
1. Oversee district-wide planning, development, and improvement of instructional programs, career and technical education non-credit and credit programs and career pathways, and educational support services.
2. Ensure compliance with all aspects of HLC accreditation where instructional programs are concerned
3. Ensure compliance with MDHE accreditation and reporting requirements
4. Support district wide strategic planning, including management of academic, worRecruiter and economic development research, analysis, evaluation and assessment functions of the district.
5. Provide leadership in the development of instructional education policies and procedures.
6. Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the delivery of district wide instruction and services to ensure academic quality, worRecruiter relevance, appropriateness, consistency, and comparability.
7. Provide leadership that ensures proactive recruiting and hiring of high quality part- and full-time instructors and recruitment of diverse hiring pools.
8. Monitor student success data such as transfer, persistence and completion rates, developmental education oCompanyomes, technical education accreditation, job placement, and student success to inform decision making and process improvement as needed.
9. Provide leadership to college instructional units in the development of new, research-based, high demand academic, career and technical, and developmental education programs.
10. Provide strategic direction for district curriculum processes to insure that new programming is developed and offered in a timely manner meeting the needs of students and the Kansas City community
11. Develop the strategic direction for the articulation and transfer of MCC programs and courses with other educational institutions.
12. Ensure compliance with third-party accreditation agencies
13. Provide visionary and innovative leadership in the use of instructional technologies and delivery systems, including coordination of support for online and web-based programs and services
14. Provide visionary and innovative leadership for a comprehensive professional development program for all full-time faculty and adjuncts
15. Ensure effective working relationships and open communication with all faculty, student services, and instructional administrators, and vice chancellors in the district.
16. Coordinate instructional responsibilities with the campus presidents and vice chancellors as appropriate.
17. Provides leadership in developing and offering market-driven academic programs and in course scheduling and delivery programs and mechanisms with an emphasis on quality, access, student learning, and success
18. Represent MCC at various state, national, community, governmental, and institutional constituencies.
19. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Demonstrated effectiveness in working with teaching faculty, librarians, and academic administrators.
2. Evidence of successful teaching which demonstrates understanding and support of the teaching/learning process and the needs of the student.
3. Demonstrated commitment to and experience with worRecruiter education priorities including non-credit/credit career pathways, stackable credentials, credit for prior learning, and work-based learning experiences such as internships and apprenticeships.
4. Demonstrated experience using, managing, or supporting instructional technologies, including online and web-based resources.
5. Demonstrated commitment to develop, support, and enhance MCC diversity initiatives, specifically in curriculum development and in establishing and maintaining a diverse faculty population that contributes to the academic experience.
6. Demonstrated commitment to shared governance.
7. Demonstrated experience in effective budgetary management.
8. Experience with developing new innovative pathways for students to move efficiently and effectively through coursework and programs.
9. Demonstrated experience with curriculum development and assessment of institutional student learning oCompanyomes.
10. Demonstrated experience with finding innovative approaches to developing revenue streams to support teaching and learning.
11. Demonstrated experience with developing a culture of evidence and using data to inform decision making and process improvement.
12. Expertise in the objective analysis of complex information or problems to derive logical conclusions and provide a sound basis for establishing priorities and selecting appropriate courses of action.
Associate Vice Chancellor of Economic and WorRecruiter Development
Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic AffInstitutes
Director of Educational Services
Director of Distance Education
Already a member? Sign In