Vice President, Account Director - Clinical Trials
Westerville, OH, USA | Syneos Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
There is one thing you do that is exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for this vital Clinical Trial Recruitment & Retention VP, Account Director role with Creative Studios.
The primary purpose of this role, in conjunction with the MD, is to build a comprehensive creative delivery clinical trial recruitment and retention offering, set objectives for the business, cultivate and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders, and to coach team member to success. You would be expected to lead and provide strategic counsel to multiple teams, driving high levels of satisfaction among clients, and seek out new business opportunities.
The VP, Account Director role should expand beyond the every day client services. They should possess commercial and financial acumen and be accountable for meeting the business objectives of the client and the company. You will work in close collaboration with our clinical colleagues, and in particular our patient engagement team within clinical, to build deep networks and ensure consistent joint working and new business generation.
We are looking for individuals to join the team that have enthusiasm in bounds and are self-starters as well as bringing passion and detail to everything they do.
Client Services Management
- Apply an expert level of scientific, commercial and strategic expertise to act as true partner to clients
- Provide senior support to internal teams (including Syneos Health Patient Engagement team) on client discussions where appropriate and leads client satisfaction
- See beyond client’s immediate needs to advise at a higher level of strategic thinking including integrated communications
- Set and maintains excellent levels of client service and instill this within the team
- Network in the communications and healthcare sector to build peer relations and contacts that can foster added value for our clients and business offering and grow BD opportunities
- Oversee and lead across the company in the development of new commercial opportunities with new and existing clients
Product/task leadership & accountability
- In collaboration with the Creative Lead, PE Project Management Lead, establishment and maintenance of quality standards, cost efficiency and working practices
- Provide senior counsel on strategic direction, growth and development, financial and resource management, and delivery across the team
- Keep abreast with key events in the industry
- Provide strategic direction to the internal client as needed
- Provide assistance to other teams when needed and shares expertise
- Demonstrate leadership at all levels of the business
- Set the direction for the CTR&R business alongside MD
- Maintain strong relationships with client procurement teams.
- Ensure annual client revenue targets are achieved
- Drive alignment across internal studio team, Syneos Patient Engagement and Syneos partners to ensure appropriate servicing and delivery standards
- Identify opportunities for business across the network and promote our integrated offering where appropriate
- Lead on new business pitches and proposals/ leading on opportunities for growth with existing clients.
- Seek ways to ensure competitive advantage through the delivery of innovative and diverse range of projects
- Build a safe environment for innovation and risk taking
- Proactively seeks BD opportunities both organic and new through industry contacts
- Active ambassador for ’Lab to Life’
- Collaborate effectively with other business unit's to provide integrated communications approached for clients
- Periodically reviews the team structure and clients’ needs and adjust accordingly
- Promote company wide initiatives and acts as an ambassador for company both internally and externally.
- Promote the company's best interests internally at all times and shares best practice, knowledge and ideas with other account teams.
- Think with an enterprise mind-set conscious of the company’s world at all times
- Specific clinical trial recruitment experience is a must
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) as well as presentation abilities
- Ability to flex style according to the needs of clients and teams
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong Attention to detail & organizational abilities
- Exposure to Global accounts
- Good Financial & Commercial Acumen
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution
- Ability to be proactive & solutions focused
- Ability to manage a team effectively as well as managing upwards
- Detailed knowledge of pharma regulations (ABPI)
- Demonstrates and maintain up-to-date knowledge and capability in all main software packages including Microsoft Office.
Already a member? Sign In