Vice President, Chief Enterprise Architect
Winston Salem, NC, USA | Novant Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
The Novant Health Chief Enterprise Architect is a strategic visionary that gathers and articulates architectural vision, and aids in the development of a strategic plan for realizing it. Additionally, the Chief Enterprise Architect guides the Novant Health architecture community toward a deep understanding of the structure of the Novant Health digital estate, its components, their relationships, and the principles that guide their design and evolution over time. To achieve the architecture vision, the Novant Health Chief Enterprise Architect supervises the enterprise architecture community in a matrixed structure, develops architecture principles, manages the processes by which architects engage and make decisions, and defines the essential elements of an architecture repository. The Chief Enterprise Architect acts as a key resource to our DPS senior leadership team, product owners, and domain/solution architects.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
• Education: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree, preferred.
• Experience: Ten years of information technology experience, preferred. Three to five years in enterprise architecture roles, preferred.
• Licensure/Certification: TOGAF-9, CITA-F, ITIL-F, COBIT-5, CISSP-ISSAP, or equivalent, preferred.
• Additional skills required:
• Extensive experience in the articulation and realization of enterprise architecture elements that match or anticipate business needs.
• Deep consulting skills including business partnership, problem-solving, influencing, decision-making, facilitation, and communication.
• Experience facilitating and improving planning, design and technology discussions, sessions, and workshops; with cross-discipline and multi-level audiences.
• Experience building and fostering collaboration within an active architect community spanning architecture disciplines, technology expertise, and domain responsibilities.
• Expertise in at least two enterprise architecture domains; business, application, information, and technology.
• Familiarity with ‘leading practice’ architecture frameworks, software architecture design patterns, and digital business patterns.
•Broad understanding of portfolio optimization strategies, considering business, financial, and technical dimensions.
• Eagerness and capability to drive new enterprise practices.
• Expert ability applying the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise information technology (IT) architecture (e.g., Open Group Architecture Framework [TOGAF], Department of Defense Architecture Framework [DoDAF], Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework [FEAF]).
• Advanced knowledge of; computer networking concepts and protocols; types of computer architectures; database systems; operating systems; software engineering; systems engineering process; network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools; systems testing and evaluation methods.
Additional skills preferred:
• Knowledge of risk management processes; information security regulations; information technology (IT) supply chain security/risk management policies, requirements, and procedures; laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to information technology; service management concepts and related standards (e.g., Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL).
• Experience implementing an enterprise architecture capability in a healthcare organization.
Already a member? Sign In