Vice President Corporate Controller
Carrollton, TX, USA | TMX Finance Family of Companies
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
In this role, you would lead a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Your leadership, motivation, and development skills would be the foundation of your success. The building blocks would involve successfully overseeing the Accounting Team and its success, working with the Chief Financial Officer to drive organizational strategies impacting the financial statements, and acting as a partner not only to internal business leaders, but also to external auditors and regulatory agencies. Your knowledge of accounting practices and technologies, along with your abilities to recognize and develop team members’ strengths and skills, will establish you as a key leader within the organization.
This is an in-person position and the health and well-being of our Team Members, their families, and our customers remain a top priority for us. That’s why we’ve taken a number of steps to help maintain a clean and safe environment where Team Members can thrive, and customers can feel safe. Currently, in our stores and Corporate offices, we're practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings (subject to certain exemptions), cleaning frequently, and following state and local requirements as well as Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to help ensure a clean and safe environment for all. As the situation evolves, changes may be made to our practices, in line with state and local mandates as well as CDC-guidelines.
Accountable for full cycle accounting calendar including monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close accuracy and deadlines, leading teams to successful and timeline execution in accordance with GAAP and other Company policies, continuously providing training and working to develop and challenge team members to exceed expectations.
Ensure high quality review processes for journal entry processing, account reconciliations, fluctuation explanations (budget/forecast to actual), internal and external financial reporting, SOX controls, and other analyses required to support assigned balance sheets and related business processes.
Act as a business partner to work cross-functionally with leaders throughout the organization in order to ensure operational success, understand and help build business models, implement tactical and strategic initiatives, and support overall performance and growth, as well as to clearly understand impacts to the Company's financial statements.
Drive continuous business process improvements through the design and implementation of new technologies, overseeing robust and accurate business requirements, reporting, and testing for all system changes impacting Accounting.
Ensure that SOX controls adequately address business and technology risks, and ensure all processes are documented, kept current, and executed in accordance with Company policy, staying apprised of changes in state requirements for existing products or other technology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
• CPA is required
• 10-15+ years of relevant experience in managing accounting functions for a large organization (ideally a company with revenue of at least $500M or greater)
• Experience managing in a SOX-compliant environment
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations
• Industry management experience, particularly leading a large transaction-oriented team within a Shared Services environment, including responsibility for assessing resource needs and providing business-based recommendations on:
o Building teams and hiring
o Goal-setting and performance management
o Training and development
o Achieving objectives through others
o Addressing poor performance
o Bench planning
• Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Must demonstrate flexible/forward thinking and ability to work in ambiguity
• Must be highly analytical
• Excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills to explain results and proposals across varying levels of experience within the organization
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
• 2-5 years at the Controller/Sr. Director level
• Multi-unit industry experience and/or financial services industry experience
• Big 4 public accounting experience
• Experience in technical accounting, SEC reporting, indirect taxes, and/or FP&A and business metrics
• Experience building teams, managing change and working in an organization experiencing significant growth
• Experience with Oracle, Cognos, ReqLogic, Accruent, DocLink, TrinTech or Management Reporter
Already a member? Sign In