Vice President - Portfolio Manager
Newport, CA, USA | Whittier Trust Company
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Whittier Trust and the Whittier Trust Company of Nevada, Inc. is the oldest and largest privately owned multi-family office headquartered on the West Coast. Providing exceptional client service and highly customized investment solutions for high net worth individuals and their families to help them reach their long-term goals is our only mission.
Our staff of 200 dedicated professionals works with approximately 485 clients and their families to deliver a broad array of services including investment management and consulting, fiduciary, philanthropic and family office. Our founding family’s century-long history of energy and real estate investing continue to guide our activities for clients today. Entrusted with $18 billion of private family assets, our teams employ a consulting approach to tailor solutions for complex family situations.
Whittier Trust attracts professionals who want to spend the vast majority of their day in service to our clients. Our organization is flat, nimble and uniquely attuned to the needs and desires of both today’s entrepreneurs as well as legacy family members who may be several generations removed from the wealth creators. Our corporate culture is one of client-focus, collaboration, performance and accountability, family orientation and long-term career satisfaction. Employee turnover is very low – evidencing a high level of engagement and career fulfillment.
The primary responsibility of the Vice President, Portfolio Manager (“PM”) is to manage client portfolios consisting of equities, fixed income, cash and alternative assets within established investment guidelines.In addition to the management of individual portfolios, the PM will participate in and contribute to the investment department through macroeconomic, industry and company research.The PM will communicate regularly with and make presentations to clients, prospects and referral sources.The PM is also expected to participate in and contribute to the firm’s growth through business development efforts.
- Manage portfolios to achieve client objectives
- Make and implement investment decisions
- Maintain asset allocations within client guidelines and department policies
- Analyze economic, asset class, sector or company fundamentals as a member of smaller working teams or Satellites
- Lead or assist in internally managed strategies and asset allocation
- Participate in weekly and monthly investment meetings and communicate regularly with others in the Investment Department
- Meet with clients on a regular basis
- Communicate with and make presentations to clients, prospects and referral sources
- Participate in Business Development initiatives to achieve established goals for new revenues
- Work with Client Administrators on shared accounts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- MBA from a good business school and CFA designation
- 10+ years of Portfolio Management and staff experience overseeing diversified global portfolios of equities, bonds and cash
- Strong investment research experience
- Investment experience with alternative assets a plus
- Strong communication, client relationship and business development skills as well as an entrepreneurial spirit
- Superior ability to identify and build relationships with qualified prospects
- Strong people skills
- Client service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic
- Team/people oriented
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel by airplane
A competitive base salary, performance bonus, and benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, and 401(k) with company match.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better in Business Administration.
Licenses & Certifications
Chrtrd Financial Analyst
Already a member? Sign In