Vice President, Solution Engineering
London, United Kingdom | Leading Technology Company
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work. For seven years running.
The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win.
The SE Sr Director Public Sector will work closely with Regional Sales VPs to understand their account mix and sales opportunities in order to develop a Solution Engineering team best suited to that region.
- The Solution Engineering Sr Director will hire and allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals and back up team members as needed to grow the business. The SE Sr Director may be a player-coach, actively working with their team members to solve difficult problems, and coordinating corporate/external resources when required.
- The Solution Engineering Sr Director will also act as an evangelist of the organization to various internal stakeholders and create meaningful collaboration strategies to enable a team selling environment. With external customers, the Solution Engineering Sr Director will strive to build technical relationships with IT and Business executives.
- The SE Sr Director should also recognize and appreciate the nuances of managing a combination of Strategic and run-rate deals spread across an account portfolio. Maintaining a high velocity while keeping an eye on the large strategic deals is key.
- The SE Sr Director will establish a healthy communication cadence with the Sales RVPs to ensure meaningful business reviews and proactively point out challenges in the territory. Participation in Quarterly Business Reviews and Account Planning sessions is also usually required.
- Candidate will possess good analytic capabilities, be organized and able to work many tasks at the same time.
- The SE Sr Director should be proficient with CRM technologies (or other Enterprise business applications) and be able to present to a business or technical audience.
- The SE Sr Director must be able to support the Sales Engineering team by providing guidance on sales strategies, approaches to solve specific problems, as well as a represent their team's needs to Salesforce.com (http://salesforce.com/)'s executive staff.
- The SE Sr Director should be able to communicate equally with internal resources such as Product Marketing, Development, and Sales Management to gain commitment and support. Must have good fundamental Sales Skills.
- The SE Sr Director should have a genuine interest in developing careers of the SEs on the team and provide constructive feedback around skill development based.
- Prior experience as a Solution Engineer in an Individual Contributor capacity is highly desired.
- Prior SE CRM Solution Experience is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior management Experience is desired.