VP - AEJ Financial Resources
Hong Kong, Hong Kong | Leading Financial Services Company
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
The team has a well-defined mandate of managing AeJ financial resources usages of all business lines, including Global Markets, Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Merchant Banking business, in a prudent and robust manner that meets both the internal governance and external regulatory requirements. It partners closely with other functions and regions to bring the business in line with regulatory changes across the globe. Its primary responsibilities includes: i) On-going reporting and evaluation of business drivers behind Balance Sheet, Unsecured Funding, Risk Weighted Asset and Economic Capital usage, and projection of future usages in view of legal entity strategy, business deals and changes in sales/trading business strategy; ii) Business advisory on financial resources usage optimisation, legal entity booking strategy and impact analysis of regulatory matters; iii) Identification and implementation of various financial resources optimization initiatives; iv) Monitoring of regulatory developments in AeJ regulated entities.
This role is predominately focused on capital & liquidity control and policy in a very simulating environment. The individual will actively review trading portfolio and challenge processes/rule interpretation/exposure assumptions that materially impact regulatory capital and liquidity computation. In addition, he/she will support on-boarding of new regulatory requirements, influencing our legal entity booking strategy and shaping emerging regulation through proactive and yet delicate advocacy.
The role requires strong technical skills, the ability to break down complex issues and provide solutions. The individual should be able to work independently but as part of the wider team. The role also provides deep and broad visibility to extensive business and corporate functions, and the opportunity to creatively problem-solve on a broad scale.
• Analyse trading portfolio and rectify capital/liquidity/BS anomalies by gathering multi-faceted supporting evidence (legal, regulatory risk, counterparty etc)
• Perform regulatory watch and conduct research of the changing regulatory landscapes in Asian jurisdictions, particularly in the areas of capital, liquidity and solvency
• Draft guidance documentation and provide regular regulatory update to raise the awareness of regulatory changes for control functions and business
• Act as a subject matter expert in regulatory rule interpretation and advising business on transaction structuring/re-evaluation with a view to financial resources efficiency
• Engage in business modeling and resource allocation to maximize financial performance against key metrics such as balance sheet/funding/capital consumption
• Interact with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. Global market, legal, compliance, risk, IT) and participate in regulatory change implementation projects which involves process re-engineering and system build-out to fulfill future regulatory obligations
• Strong background in capital, liquidity and risk management and ideally 6+ years of relevant working experience in a bank or a consulting firm with direct experience in transaction advisory and capital/balance sheet/liquidity management
• High regard for attention to detail, accuracy and quality and excellent report writing skills
• Ideally have knowledge and relationships with regulators such as HKMA, SFC, MAS, PRA
• Good command of written and spoken English (ideally Japanese also)
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, a results oriented mindset and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Proficient in data analysis tools and MS Excel, Tableau