San Diego, CA, USA | Fingerpaint
Consulting - IT
Job Description:78 people have viewed this job
1798, LLC is a rapidly growing strategic market access agency for the life science industry. We offer market leading solutions focused on areas such as commercial operations, analytics and insights, market access strategy, financial impact analysis, training, and patient support program design; all complemented by a full suite of creative capabilities. Whether we are working with Fortune 500 organizations or startup companies working to launch their first therapeutic product, 1798 strives to create value for our customers by informing and empowering them in a way that allows them to increase their net profits and optimizing their resources by organizing complex information into easily and rapidly implementable terms and tactics.
The VP, Analytics is responsible for the leadership, growth, and continued development of the analytics and data insights group within the organization.Current engagement offerings under the purview of the analytics and insights group include but are not limited to the build of gross to net (GTN) models, development of forecasting models, government pricing impact projections, pricing and contracting analyses, the provision of coding, coverage, and payment guidance, and other related opportunities for clients to obtain appropriate product and patient access.The VP, Analytics will be responsible for selling and leading these engagements and scaling a team capable of delivering against such engagement requirements.
Additional responsibilities of the VP, Analytics consist of partnership with the Chief Analytics Officer at Fingerpaint Marketing, Inc., the parent company of 1798, and contributions to the overall build of the enterprise data platform that is in development.
This position is key to meeting 1798’s growth and profitability objectives by leading and executing on key initiatives and delivering quality products in a timely and accurate manner. The VP, Analytics relies on knowledge of the industry’s concepts, practices, procedures, and extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of independence, leadership, creativity, and latitude is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
The right candidate will be versatile and informed. Specific expectations may include the following:
- Provide leadership as the head of the Analytics and Data Insights group at 1798
- Oversee cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions.
- Build, develop and maintain team capabilities to deliver advanced data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Collaborate with Chief Analytics Officer in development of the enterprise data platform and enhancements to data capabilities across the Fingerpaint family of companies
- Lead, coach, and mentor the 1798 analytics team in the examination, interpretation, and communication of results and business impacts of analytical initiatives to key internal stakeholders and client teams.
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of reporting employees with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Remain up to date on health policy through market monitoring and related activities.
- Oversee the development of pricing and contracting models and the team’s ability to synthesize recommendations on best path forward for specific products across both the Medical benefit and Pharmacy benefit business.
- Strategically manage projects and provide guidance to project team/s on research and client-related issues, anticipating issues that may arise for team in the creation of client deliverables and developing appropriate contingency plans to ensure timely, profitable delivery of quality products to the client/s.
- Review and provide guidance to team on project plans and budget management for each project to achieve profit targets
- Solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal management oversight
- Manage and direct all aspects of client development and direction. Assure client satisfaction with project deliverables
- Manage direct reports and mentor staff outside of direct report responsibility
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal and external customers
Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology space
- Specific Pricing, Contracting, Health Economics, Reimbursement, Government Pricing or Outcomes Research position, or other similar position preferred
- Launch experience in specialty product/s in oncology/hematology, inflammation, neurology, or rare disease preferred
- Expert knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Detailed understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Robust experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Experience across both Medicare Part B covered products and Medicare Part D covered products
- Demonstrated ability to building and maintaining complex GTN models
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Must enjoy working in demanding environment as a key member of a dynamic, team-based organization
- Degree, Bachelor/MS/MBA
- In-depth experience with tools, e.g., Tableau, Python, R
- In-depth experience with syndicated data sources e.g., IQVIA, Claim data etc.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Position will be remote (at least in the nearest future)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and type on keyboard; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Already a member? Sign In