VP, Application Engineering Leader
St Louis, MO, USA | Equifax
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:48 people have viewed this job
What You’ll Do
- Manage application/software development to develop business applications, or ensure business applications have high availability and adequate performance that support business needs.
- Works with Supervisors and Managers to ensure all deliverables adhere to deadlines, specifications, and budgets.
- Works with process team to ensure team adheres to Engineering Handbook standards with regards to coding, programming, and the general development of applications.
- Ability to manage, coach, train and motivate employees in both technical and leadership development.
- Accommodate users demands, setting priorities when appropriate and escalate issues
- Identify and implement appropriate strategies to maximize the use of global Technology resources and corporate Centers of Excellence, (COEs).
- Identify emerging trends in Technology, and determine how these can be applied in a business context for business advantage.
- Manage, prioritize and optimize assets/resources across the organization to drive maximum business benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Software Engineering or Computer Science and 15+ years of technical experience in software design and product support as well as experience in management
- Experience working in the Employer Solutions space
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level, excellent skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation
- DevOps and/or IT operational experience
- Experience in Agile development
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required; Graduate level degree
- Excellent analytical skills; Identifies and resolves complex problems.
- Solid understanding of managing milestones, 90 day roadmap forecasting, deliverables and resource scheduling for multiple, highly visible, long term and complex projects.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong executive presence
- Delegation skills - includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Advanced and effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Equifax is a global data, analytics, and technology company and believes knowledge drives progress.We are there at life-defining moments when people are applying for college, interviewing for a new job, buying a home, purchasing a car, or even starting a small business. The products and insights we provide help people all across the world make better decisions, and we are proud of the role we play in peoples’ lives. We power the decisions that move people forward by helping people live their financial best.Won’t you join us?
- Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
- We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
- We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.And, if community involvement and social responsibility are important to you, join us and help create shared value in our global communities!Corporate Citizenship is an integral part of our company. We know through experience that community involvement will increase the quality of your career with us and simply makes the world a better place.If this sounds like somewhere you want to work, don’t delay, apply today.We’re looking for you!
Success Attributes of the Technology organization.Does this describe you?
- Think and act differently
- Ownership (build it, own it, run it)
- Competitive pay for performance
- 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, collaborative working spaces, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential
- Room for you to do things your way
- Grow at your own pace through online courses at Learning @ Equifax
- And yes, we also have perks such as team activities, volunteer opportunities, awesome parties, great coffee and in some locations, ping pong tables and food trucks
- Not yet Cloud certified?We’ve got you covered with paid sponsorship, resources and training
Already a member? Sign In