VP, Brand Marketing
Palo Alto, CA, USA | Medable
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster. We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making this world a healthier place.
Medable is seeking a Vice President of Brand Marketing who is an experienced strategic thinker that understands how to build a brand and create a category. We are looking for a marketer who is also a dynamic leader that is a natural collaborator and is experienced at developing talent on their team. The VP of Brand Marketing will report into the Chief Marketing Officer and be responsible for driving strategy and execution for the Medable brand and oversees Communications (PR & internal comms) and Social Media as part of their role. The ideal candidate is a world-class brand strategist and progressive thinker who is passionate about building a world-class brand.
The VP of Brand Marketing will be a data driven leader, highly collaborative and with demonstrated success in entrepreneurial environments. She/he will elevate the company’s marketing activities to the next level by building and improving a data driven full-funnel marketing strategy that drives awareness and revenue growth. The successful candidate is an experienced leader of innovative teams and has a passion for people management, developing and mentoring talent. She/he must be an expert collaborator, skilled at bringing people together, and communicating openly and transparently.
She/he must have strong experience and knowledge across all mediums in the marketing & advertising industries and have a true expertise in strategic thinking. Ideally, the candidate will have experience leading a team within a large creative agency or a recognized brand. She/he must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead brand marketing team with responsibilities that include brand strategy and positioning, comms planning, social media and campaign strategy and execution as relevant
- Accomplished track record of building and scaling disruptive/innovative consumer brands through traditional and digital marketing strategies.
- Operate as a modern, data driven VP of Brand with both strong knowledge in B2B & B2B environments and fluent in both DR and performance marketing to be able to execute full-funnel strategies.
- Bring quantitative and qualitative insights to leadership to influence marketing strategy and inform executional tactics that will resonate with our target consumer.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in brand marketing and the broader digital ecosystem.
- Mentor, develop, and coach the talented Brand Marketing team.
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal cross-functional team, based upon a demonstrated collaborative approach, leadership skills and experience.
- Think big and come up with breakthrough campaign ideas that make the most of budgets while leading a team to execute with excellence
- Ensure consistent brand representation across all brands, channels and consumer touchpoints.
- Understand trends in brand awareness, perception, & adoption by consumer targets.
- Develop deep understanding of consumer’s mindsets, attitudes, and behaviors to inform strong brand strategy and creative development.
- Provide creative oversight for campaigns that your team is responsible for executing.
What We’re Looking For:
- You demonstrate passion for consumers, brand and product storytelling, innovative user experiences, as well as have the ability to use insights to inform initiatives that improve the consumer experience and drive habitual behaviors.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in Marketing.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or a related field of study.
- An exceptional brand strategist and storyteller that thinks out-of-the-box.
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring, solution-driven stories that communicate complex concepts simply.
- An expert collaborator skilled at bringing people together, and communicating openly and transparently.
- Strong leadership capabilities, but ability/desire to roll up sleeves versus purely playing a managerial role – no-task-too-small mentality.
- Propensity to innovate and take calculated risks - using data and A/B testing to create a marketing mix that is diverse and stable.
- A superb track record for creating and executing world-class marketing campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, teamwork and interpersonal skills; proven team-first mentality.
- Experience in the production of campaigns, videos, print, OOH, digital, experiential, and other marketing materials.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in response to shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Already a member? Sign In