VP Business Development International Mobile Markets
Remote, Japan | Assurant
Industry:Insurance - General
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
This position will lead the integration, management and execution of Business Development in International Mobile Markets, optimizing alignment of efforts and talent leveraging to drive profitable growth.
- Establishes, manages, and executes the International Business Development Council which focuses on defining disruptive and differentiating strategies and client specific value propositions to drive sustainable and profitable growth.
- Is accountable for coordinating and closing opportunities to enable growth
- Ensuring brands with a potential of $5M+ USD in pre-tax have (as a minimum):
- Clearly documented plans with win strategies for each opportunity.
- C-Suite Level engagement plans (including events such as MWC, CES and others)
- Defined points of ownership – we should be clear on who is advancing which conversation/opportunity (Global/International/Regional/Country)
- Responsible of Identifying inter-brand cross-selling opportunities
- Engages and aligns with the ESAM Council to ensure our international business, interest and priorities have a voice.
- Directly manages the optimization of “key” international brands such as Apple, Samsung, Telefonica, Vodaphone, Mercado Libre, and others.
- Regional Sales Teams report dotted line to ensure sales strategic alignment.
- Manages pipeline through the implementation of Salesforce. This includes establishing the criteria with all key stakeholders to ensure there is adoption and accountability.
- Is responsible for coordination, engagement and strategic planning of international relationship and promotions strategy that includes CES, MWC, NADA, and other events with global lines of products.
Product Development and Management
- Engages with the Global Product Teams to ensure that all new products that are deployed in International are operational and key business development leaders have a clear understanding of our “go to market” strategy.
- Ensuring product roadmaps are collaborative and actively maintained to meet opportunity needs (Roadmaps alignment with Global Product)
- Establishes, influence and lead the international team to ensure we have a consistent brand and working methodology to support local product needs and bring best practices to all markets.
- Collaborates and align with business leadership teams to ensure we are executing on identified Capability Development objectives.
- Bachelor degree in business management, marketing, economics or other related areas; MBA, other graduate programs desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work effectively across a diverse organization
- Strategic thinking,
- Ability to anticipate issues and plan accordingly
- results oriented
- Sound influencing and communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with executive management; know when to push an issue and when to not
- Ability to get alignment whether with internal business partners or other global colleagues
- Ability to integrate complex issues/foresee implications/make appropriate recommendations
- Strong high-level contact and market relationship base
- Vision of market trends
- Strong business knowledge
- Works effectively as a part of a team
- English fluency. Other languages are a plus.
- 15+ years of Commercial, Business international experience, working with executive teams, matrix organizations.
- Knowledgeable of products, client relationships as well as market trends
- Strong experience in business /relationships development in Asia Pacific will be valued
- Immersed in the Mobile and Connected Living business trends and related environments.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.
Already a member? Sign In