VP Business Development - US Defense Airframe - Remote
Newington, CT, USA | GKN
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 12 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
*This is a REMOTE position with approximately 50% travel, primarily domestic.*
In conjunction with GKN’s strategic objective to significantly grow the defense business the role is to lead, initiate and capture strategic (defense) campaigns in the USA and be responsible for US topline growth. Objective is to position GKN in an early stage towards OEMs for (large) defense design build programs with multi technologies in order to create concrete business opportunities.Accountable for positioning GKN with multi technologies and understanding the competitive position of the business, the identification of market opportunities and challenges that could influence the business and profitability leading up to a concrete opportunity (e.g. RFP) and closing the deal with customers.Leads internally the launch of high priority strategic initiatives in this area, working directly with the business’s leadership and stakeholders working directly with the SVP BD, Strategy & Proposal Management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for top line growth in the defense market through defined campaigns
- Partners with directors to develop vision, mission and strategy for the US defense strategic campaigns & captures.
- Responsible for initiating and developing Defense strategic campaigns leading up to a RFP and contracts.
- Within the US responsible for influencing and lobbying towards all relevant stakeholders for developing Defense strategic campaigns
- Collaborates with the relevant stakeholders on the formulation, capture and development of Defense strategic business development initiatives and priorities
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience in business development and/or campaigning/capture knowledge within the US Aerospace & Defense industry and market
- 5 years of experience in closing deals with US defense OEMs
- 5 years of experience in working with global teams
- GKN Experience
- Master's Degree
- Extensive network across the Defense & Aerospace industry and stakeholders and DoD in the US
- Working experience at a US 1st tier supplier for design build packages related to(defense) aerostructures, wiring and/or canopies and/or with a defense OEM
- Ability to operate and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate future trends based on market intelligence
- Ability to achieve through people and challenge mindsets
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Already a member? Sign In