VP, Channel Management
Atlanta, GA, USA | Lincoln Financial Group
Job Description:93 people have viewed this job
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of the Role
The VP of Channel Management will provide strategic leadership to achieve key business and channel development & management objectives for their assigned area(s). The VP will develop and manage Group Protection’s strategic approach to channel distribution. They will oversee channel development activities with new and existing channel partners; lead the overall channel development, strategy, relationship management, sales plan; and guide negotiations with new business partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements business development strategies and plans that identify long-term & short-term approaches to channel growth across existing and future channels.
- Sets strategic direction for building and cultivating business development relationships with key participants across channels.
- Leads the identification and negotiation of channel partnerships including financial arrangements, goals and metrics.
- Develops and leads the execution of strategy with channel partners to facilitate a continuous stream of opportunities aligned to business strategy.
- Engages with senior & executive leadership and other internal stakeholders to formalize business development initiatives & solutions that will drive sales across various channels.
- Leads business development initiatives to increase sales through multiple channels.
- Leads execution of the value proposition in order to position and market Lincoln as a partner of choice.
- Directs the investigation and analysis of potential new and alternative channel distribution partnerships.
- Monitors the ongoing value of the channels and relationships through analysis of sales targets, performance metrics, risk analysis, etc.
- Provides expertise and thought leadership to oversee complex analyses of market intelligence to identify industry trends to inform and shape new channels and strategic initiatives to drive channel growth.
- Ensures team maintains knowledge of products & market/channel trends and represents Lincoln at conferences, sales/marketing tradeshows.
- Ensures team develops business on behalf of the LFG in an ethical manner that supports a positive company image, as well as complies with all applicable regulations and company polices & procedures.
- Participates in and/or leads interdisciplinary initiatives, projects, and/or work groups.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
Education and Experience
- 4 year / Bachelor's degree or 4 years equivalent work experience in lieu of Bachelor's (Minimum Required)
- 12+ years experience in relationship and/or channel management directly aligned to the specific duties of this role with 5+ years of management, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholder experience (Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy.An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Already a member? Sign In