VP & Chief Architect, Infrastructure & Cloud Services ( ICS / AWS )
New York, NY, USA | Travelers
Industry:Insurance - General
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
As a Vice President and a Chief Architect, you will be responsible for creating technology architecture in collaboration with the Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS) Unit of a global, Dow 30 company.
As a direct report to the SVP, Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you will interface directly with the SVP, Infrastructure and Cloud Services, to transform our current business and technology capabilities and pave the way for best-in-class solutions. You will be a dedicated partner to senior Technology and Business leaders as you define a target state, roadmaps and identify new and emerging technologies that will transform and optimize the business. As an organizational leader, you will humbly serve and inspire a team of high-performing Architects who you will coach, mentor and empower.
As a successful candidate, you are a visionary executive with a track record of building high-quality enterprise solutions and teams. You are results-driven and bring strong Architecture and engineering skills and a deep understanding of modern technologies including Cloud-native, APIs, AI and ML. You are a person of high integrity, who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand.
You will work within a community of architecture leaders, charged with establishing and evolving a unified architecture vision.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Full organizational responsibility for Technology Architecture in support of a business unit
- Works with the Senior leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Senior Software and Infrastructure Engineering leadership
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
- Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy
- Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- 15 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture within a line of business or enterprise area.
- Four years of previous management experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s in technology related field or equivalent with 15+ years of technology Architecture experience
- Provided mentorship to senior architecture leaders
- Organizational and transformational Leadership Experience in an agile operating model
- Expert level Software Engineering awareness
- Led development of strategic technology direction and architecture vision for a large organization
- Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Proven track record of Influencing C-level leadership
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Current and strong experience with AWS, infrastructure platforms, DevSecOps
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
Already a member? Sign In