VP & Chief Information Officer
Atlanta, GA, USA | Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:190 people have viewed this job
Leading Non-Profit / Social Enterprise Company International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of VP & Chief Information Officer. The VP & CIO will be responsible for planning, directing and leveraging information technology for our global organization, including leadership of the strategic and tactical direction of the organization. The VP & CIO oversees the long-term systems needs and any hardware acquisitions needed to accomplish the organization's business objectives; gives technical guidance on high priority projects and keeps HFHI leadership apprised of trends in the information technology industry. The role will also determine the goals and priorities of the IT department and assure alignment with overall HFHI goals and priorities as well as establishing the policies and processes for managing the goals and priorities of the IT Department. This position will report to the Sr. VP – Administration/CFO
• Effectively communicate the strategy of the IT organization and how it supports the overall mission of HFHI.
• Participate in, or provide consultation to, the board, committees, user groups, internal and external events and/or seminars. Interface with senior executives and all departments within HFHI, and when appropriate, with affiliates.
• Establish policies, procedures and standards for system development and project management methodologies; oversees and/or leads major projects and systems development efforts; responsible for successful project outcome(s), including deliverables within time frame and budget and at the appropriate quality and performance levels.
• Manage the process to provide deliverables associated with goals and priorities, such as individual and initiative-based goal setting, holding periodic project management review sessions, and generating status and other reports.
• Responsible for client satisfaction, including the development of Service Level Agreements, technical delivery, leadership, contract compliance, and resource management. Also, lead and participate in continuous improvement, measurement and training; responsible for improving customer service and work processes.
• Responsible for hiring, training, retaining, assessing/evaluating all technology staff; establish training objectives for IT staff; coordinates, facilitates, instructs and participates in IT education and training; responsible for growing the knowledge and expertise of IT staff
• Ensure leadership is in place to oversee the day-to-day operations which support administrative, computing, networking, and end-user services; analyze resource utilization and initiate programs for improvement.
• Assess proposed or requested technology projects, prioritize and recommend appropriate action.
• Responsible, along with IT management, for contract administration, extensions and enhancements, preparation and monitoring of all budgets, complex technical projects and technical operating units. Coordinating/negotiating contracts with vendors; responsible for licenses, leases and purchases associated with procuring hardware, software, equipment and services needed to meet operational needs and goals.
• Establish policies and procedures for corporate-wide purchasing of hardware, software and equipment; oversees/approves IT purchasing and implementation processes; responsible for quality of implementation and budgetary control of purchasing funds.
• Establish policies and procedures for corporate-wide IT security, privacy of client data, etc.
• Work with Finance to plan, implement, and maintain technology solutions that support Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Establish guidelines and processes to assess outsourcing opportunities.
• Manage direct reports consisting of senior staff in IT Department, lead groups and teams as needed, develop staff, assure quality, manage emergencies, inspire hard work and dedication, provide or coordinate training, perform personnel reviews based on project work or as part of HR performance evaluation process, provide career planning counseling and advice for direct reports
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• At least 10 years of related experience
• Expert interpersonal and leadership skills; highly skilled at planning, organizing, directing, controlling, guiding, supporting work efforts of all sizes and complexity, including making plans and estimates, maintaining multiple budgets, organizing projects and the work of others; highly skilled at effectively and successfully managing multiple communications with users, management and IT staff; highly skilled at effectively communicating with suppliers and external customers; highly skilled at dealing with organizational politics
• While leveraging system development and/or project management methodology, excels at working through and with others to deliver results that meet or exceed requirements and expectations; excellent skills in managing supervisory and management personnel, estimating, monitoring work, problem-solving and error correction, and keeping projects on track
• Excels at user and mgt. communications, solving problems, proactively addressing user needs and expectations; quickly grasps facts and issues from new situations; has excellent political skills in dealing with others and expeditiously supervising others to get work done
• Excels at applying advanced measurement concepts, implementing and teaching others how to implement measurements as part of standard work processes, and accountable for measurements
• Expert at leading assignments with the most difficult levels of complexity; managing other supervisory or management personnel; refining political, organization and senior management skill.
• Active support of HFHI Values: Team Collaborator – Good Steward – LEAN/Continuous Improvement – Graceful Candor – Heart for the Mission – Personal Integrity