VP, Chief Nursing Officer
Red Bank, NJ, USA | Meridian Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare network.
Reporting directly to the Chief Hospital Executive and the Network Chief Nursing Executive, this position is accountable for collaborating with other senior executives in developing and executing the strategic plan of the Medical Center. An integral member of the site Executive Team as well as the Network Nursing Executive Leadership Team, this position is accountable for defining, planning, implementing, evaluating and advancing through innovation and research, the scope of practice, professional standards and care delivery systems as they directly relate to patient care, patient satisfaction and quality outcomes for the Medical Center. In collaboration with the Network CNE and senior Nursing leaders, defines and implements a strategic plan for care delivery systems across the Medical Center, which is fully aligned to the Network Nursing strategic plan. This role is responsible for the scope and delivery of nursing services wherever nursing is practiced within the Medical Center. In addition, this position may be accountable for the operations of other clinical departments.
- Directs and participates in the development and implementation of the Medical Center’s strategic plan, performance improvement program, Human Resources program, and annual operating budget, plans, goals and objectives.
- Interprets, communicates and assures the implementation of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Develops and maintains written policies and procedures that govern nursing practice.
- Implements and facilitates the direction of professional development and leadership development.
- Responsible for planning and directing the organization’s programs and facilities in accordance with federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures that Hackensack Meridian Health established programs and clinical standards, based on regulatory bodies' requirements, are followed and in compliance.
- Develops and directs new programs, operations and services for all areas of outlined responsibilities and as assigned. Works closely with all operating functions of the organization to ensure continuity of programming and services.
- Coordinates and directs the development and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets related to areas of responsibility.
- Recruits, hires and supervises competent division, community and department leadership.
- Disciplines, counsels, addresses and settles grievances and both recommend and participate in hire/discharge/transfer of personnel.
- Acts as a role model for all standards and expectations of leaders at Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Participates in the implementation and evaluation of HMH’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan to align nursing with the overall goals of the Medical Center.
- Assures that the Magnet standard are incorporated and sustained wherever nursing is practiced in the Medical Center.
- A Bachelors (BA/BS/BSN) and Masters (MA/MS/MSN/MBA/MPA) degree are required. One degree must be in nursing.
- New Jersey RN License
- At least 10 years of progressive leadership in related fields is required.
- Excellent financial management, delegation and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with colleagues, personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public and possess an understanding of people and a sense of accountability, fairness, and consistency.
- Established analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Established coaching skills that inspire team members, leaders and physicians to execute and comply with network strategies.
- Capacity to collaborate with diverse populations of team members and physicians to gain consensus and achieve results.
- Proven writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
Already a member? Sign In