VP - Climate Risk
Whippany, NJ, USA | Barclays
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
As a Barclays Climate Risk – Americas – VP you will focus on providing Climate SME inputs to key stakeholder groups across Barclays US operations, and support required efforts to enhance climate risk management capabilities in line with emerging US regulatory expectations. You will be developing original material for this swiftly evolving risk type, while demonstrating the ability to think and develop risk management systems in a creative and innovative manner.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Working with Risk colleagues and providing expertise in climate risk identification, assessment and management
- Engaging in the development and/or enhancement of climate specific risk methodologies to quantify climate-related exposures in Barclay’s US operations
- Assisting in the review of approach, scenario narratives, and results interpretation for climate risk capitalisation in US
- Coordinating across Risk and Finance teams to prepare climate risk dashboards for internal reporting, disclosure and regulatory submissions
- Supporting the embedment of the Climate Risk Framework, policy, standards and internal controls for US business and IHC at entity level
What we’re looking for:
- Familiarity with climate risk analysis, including physical and transition risk assessments, industry standards in GHG emission reporting and other broader ESG topics
- Exceptional conceptual thinking and analytical abilities
- Knowledge of econometric models and financial models in a capital, allowance and stress test usage context
- Knowledge of risk management in at least one of the following key risk categories: Market, Treasury, Credit, Operational risks’
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Wider thinking, awareness of business strategy and objectives
- Experience in dealing with change projects and building new capabilities
- Programming (Python) skills preferred
- Knowledge of the Barclays International businesses
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Already a member? Sign In