VP, Compliance Surveillance Officer - NAM Surveillance Design and Implementation
Jersey City, NJ, USA | Citigroup
Functions:Legal / Compliance
Job Description:74 people have viewed this job
- Creating, enhancing and implementing surveillance scenarios and conducting surveillance reviews. Improving surveillance tools and applications by coordinating with Information Technology on the timely implementation of enhancements and proactively addressing potential issues.
- Gathering, reviewing, investigating and analyzing trade data as well as responding to regulatory inquiries from each of the major regulatory bodies (e.g. FINRA, SEC, CFTC). The response process includes compiling all requested documentation, analyzing the results to identify potential issues, escalating potential risk issues to the appropriate coverage areas and providing input on potential corrective action plans designed to address issues that are identified.
- Participating in ad-hoc requests, special projects and regulatory exams directed by other organizations within the compliance or legal departments.
- Other responsibilities include: overseeing the monitoring to adherence to ICRM’s Risk Policies and relevant procedures; preparing, editing and maintaining ICRM program related materials; interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary; and keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- A general understanding of securities trading and corresponding regulations with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Excellent research and analytical skills in addition to a technical aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Advanced project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- The candidate should be adaptable to change and willing to work in a fast paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
- Advanced degree preferred
Already a member? Sign In