VP, Content & Partnerships
New York, NY, USA | Leading Media / Entertainment Company
Industry:Media / Entertainment
Job Description:95 people have viewed this job
Be an integral part of the team responsible for developing & executing key strategic partnerships for a key retail client.The candidate will help drive content expertise and work closely within a team, each representing a core center of excellence.The role requires a person who is passionate about media, production and the details that go into taking a program concept from ideation to implementation and finally to “broadcast” across all screens.
Strategic Marketing: From Concept to Execution
• Candidate will be responsible for developing targeted media and marketing programs to deliver upon clients’ goals and objectives.This will include responding to client requests for proposals, providing idea generation, recommending appropriate partner marketing programs and media outlets, securing client approval, negotiating deals, managing execution (IO, campaign tracking/performance) and formulating appropriate budgets and timelines.
• Candidate will interface with the marketplace to build partnerships and relationships with key content developers, third party partners, digital publishers and vendors.
Trend-spotting & Creative Thinking
• Essential to the duties listed above will be a candidate’s ability to identify content consumption and consumer trends as well as an ability to think originally about retail and how consumers want to transact.
• Candidate will be responsible for understanding consumer trends relevant to retail and ecommerce
• The candidate will be responsible for knowing industry news and developments.The candidate will be responsible for conducting brainstorms for a variety of brand teams and will need to apply entertainment solutions to marketing needs.
• Candidate will be responsible for working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of individuals, client accounts, vendors/partners and as a liaison between buying, planning and the creative community.
• Candidate will guide programs through legal process, working to ensure all deliverables meet agency and client legal requirements.
• Candidate will oversee a variety of projects at one time acting as project leader and serving as supporting player on other team projects.
• Candidate will be expected to develop ownership of assigned client category: Understand brand goals, create a development plan and be able to provide updates to manager, clients and peers.
• Candidate will take part in the delivery of status reports, timelines, budgets, meeting summaries and case studies
Who You Are
You’re passionate about how media and creative ideas work together to build results-driven programs for clients. We’re looking for someone who has a unique mix of being a creative thinker, big idea dreamer, Digital/Publishing investment savvy, and a detailed-oriented production manager. You know how to work well with all kinds of teams and across all levels. You can think big picture but also embrace day-to-day project management.
Ideal Candidate Should Demonstrate:
• Inherent passion for entertainment
• Strong knowledge of the social media space
• Entrepreneurial approach to working
• Natural leadership ability and skills
• Desire to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Sense of confidence and presence in their communication and presentation styles
• Strong sense of urgency with sensitivity to time pressures and multiple deadlines
• Direct, clear and effective communications style
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Creative disposition
• Four-year bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 10-15 years of relevant media, publishing,entertainment/promotional marketing or production experience within an advertising/media agency, production company, promotional agency, network or digital company
• Contacts/relationships within the media/entertainment/promotional marketing communities
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), strong attention to detail
o Proven experience writing presentations, creative briefs, summaries of industry news & POVs
o Strong editing and proofreading skills
o Superb presentation abilities
• Strong knowledge of the TV/digital production industry, along with entertainment and consumer trends and insights
• Superior organization skills, ability to lead cross-functional teams and oversee execution of numerous projects at one time
• Exposure to working with creative teams and senior management
• Strong client relations skills and ability to strategically think from a client’s perspective
• Ability to think conceptually and to translate those concepts into actionable plans to drive clients’ businesses forward
• Entrepreneurial approach to finding and securing new opportunities
• Proven experience in construction of marketing programs and exposure to contract negotiations for marketing programs
• Branded entertainment, entertainment marketing and knowledge of product placement