VP, Corporate Communications - Remote
Anywhere, NY, USA | PagerDuty
Job Description:75 people have viewed this job
This strategic role at PagerDuty will help guide our company and C-suite elevate our message, our impact and our awareness. Reporting to the CMO, you will have a broad portfolio that includes responsibility for External communications, Media Relations, Social Media, Executive Communications and Public Policy.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross-team efforts to create a compelling, differentiated, and engaging communications platform that establishes PagerDuty as the category ‘definer’ and thought leader in our space.
- Drive our position through storytelling across our stakeholders: customers, prospects, investors, employees and partners.
- Oversee speaker platforms for executive and business leadership to increase company visibility and impact.
- Lead media relations with an emphasis on forging and broadening relationships with top-tier journalists in service of increasing awareness of and interest in the PagerDuty narrative.
- Enhance existing social media capabilities and activity, continuing to evolve the communications function in keeping with digital trends by being adept at social listening, creating dialogue, analyzing outcomes, and developing solutions based on lessons learned.
- Proactively partner with the People team to ensure PagerDuty’s employment brand is amplified externally, securing appropriate awards around talent, innovation, culture and business performance are secured and promoted.
- Work closely with the company’s Investor Relations function to ensure that financial communications, including earnings releases and call scripts, are clear and consistent across stakeholder groups.
- Support and amplify PagerDuty’s social impact efforts, enhancing the broader profile of PagerDuty’s community impact, including PagerDuty.org.
- Analyze corporate communication effectiveness and revise the appropriately planned communication strategies, providing program results and making use of metrics to inform further communication projects
- Act as an advisor to senior leaders on executive communications and preparation for internal and external forums.
- Develop and lead external crisis communications and coordination across global markets and implement protocols and best/standard practices in anticipation of crises.
- Formulate various policies and procedures connecting to public information programs (e.g., .org, company and exec comm)
- Partner with key teams in the organization (Legal/Finance/etc.) and keep a record of changing communication policies
What We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, experienced and compelling communicator who can operate with an entrepreneurial mindset while scaling to support PagerDuty’s continued growth. Strong leadership skills and a track record of developing and inspiring teams to do great work with a mission-driven approach is a must.
Other Qualifications And Attributes Will Include:
- Deep credentials in Communications as well as experience in the B2B technology industry; specific understanding of SaaS environments will be a significant advantage
- A love of the written word and a gift for communicating complex issues clearly and credibly with a wide variety of audiences
- The ability to be hands-on – someone who relishes being in the thick of things when necessary and can move gracefully up and down between strategic planning and tactical execution
- Experience with successfully navigating social and political issues as a mission-driven enterpriseopportunities
- Crisis management expertise, and a passion for continuously monitor the overall landscape to anticipate and manage reputational risk
- A track record of creating a work environment known for collaboration, alignment, accountability, and trust
- Minimum 10 years of senior level experience and a proven track record of success in the hi-tech sector, including management experience of a team of at least 5-6 for more than 5 years.
- Public company experience
- Experience utilizing data, analytics and tools to support and enhance marketing strategy
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
Already a member? Sign In