VP Corporate Real Estate
Tacoma, WA, USA | Sound Credit Union
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
Sound is looking for…
A VP/Corporate Real Estate to join our team! As the VP/Corporate Real Estate you will be responsible for supporting the strategic and operational real estate activities for Sound’s owned and leased offices. In this position you will be responsible for site selection, space planning, design and construction management, facility maintenance, lease management and capital expense management.
At Sound you will experience…
- Our purpose which is “to stand with you through all waves of life”. Every day, our employees help us to live this purpose. We believe in empowering our employees to do the right thing.
- A diverse workforce with an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Besides competitive pay, we offer career growth, and we hold a benefits package that’s consistent with our purpose, personalities, and values.
- Teams that are living out the credit union philosophy of “people helping people”.
- Fellow employees who are dependable, genuine, inclusive, and resourceful.
- Leaders of Sound Credit Union who embrace our Brand Purpose. At Sound, we recognize our actions strongly impact our Brand-led culture. Therefore, we commit to consistently serve as Brand Advocates by modeling desired behaviors to inspire others through being Supportive, Open, Unified, iNclusive, and by Doing the right thing.
- Here is what a day at this job will look like!
As a VP/Corporate Real Estate you will…
- Develop, plan and execute short, mid and long-term initiatives and strategic plans to support the real property needs of the Credit Union.
- Plan and manage building occupancy (moves, additions, changes) to ensure sufficient capacity for projected utilization.
- Provide direction to consultants performing due diligence support (Property Condition Assessment, Environment Site Assessment, Building System Assessment, etc.) to ensure risks are known for real property transactions.
- Responsible for analysis using demographics, market analysis, growth opportunities, member transactions, and other factors for future site selections or branch relocations.
- Develop branch prototypes and other tools to support efficient capital development.
- Create and manage capital budgets to support construction projects and facility renovations.
- Develop and maintain a 5-year master construction and maintenance schedule to create a pipeline of projects.
- Provide direction to architects, engineers, and contractors on all new construction and facility renovations.
- Perform lease management and negotiate with owners and property management for lease terms that are favorable to the Credit Union.
- Perform tenant management, as required.
- Develop a Credit Union wide facility maintenance program through annual repair/maintenance operations, preventative maintenance, in-house maintenance staff and external vendor management.
- Develop and prepare the department budget and work plan; prioritize department commitments.
- Perform site visits/ branch visits, as required.
Our ideal candidate will bring to the team…
- Five plus years of experience managing small capital projects and internal facility initiatives/projects required.
- Experience in Construction Management preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a clean driving history, required.
- Must be bondable
- Employer sponsorship to secure or maintain employment authorization not available
As a Manager of Sound, you will receive…
These benefits in support of a true work/life balance:
- Full medical, dental, vision, and disability for the employee [yourself] with premiums paid by Sound
- 401(k) with 4% match - Plus discretionary profit share of up to 5% of annual salary
- Employee assistance program for wellness counseling
- Free and/or discounted banking services with Sound
- Four weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) accrued annually
- 10 paid federal holidays every year
- Gym/lifestyle reimbursement
- Manager bonus program
- Tuition assistance
- ORCA pass
- Incentives available for multilingual speakers
- $121,600.00 – $152,000 annual salary – based upon relevant experience
- At Sound Credit Union we believe in paying our employees a fair and living wage. Individual offers are made dependent upon a candidate’s prior experience and education level as it pertains their role. This strategy promotes a talented and empowering work environment that we hope you will be a part of!
- A hybrid schedule Monday - Friday: 8 am - 5 pm. Some flexibility for evenings and weekends need based on the needs of the business.
- In your role you will have the ability to combine in-person and remote work.
About Sound Credit Union…
Sound Credit Union (Sound) was founded in 1940 and is one of Washington State’s largest credit unions. We have 27 full-service branches located throughout the Puget Sound region. At Sound, we pride ourselves on making connections with our members, employees, and community. We’d love to share more about why Sound is somewhere you want to be, apply now
The future is in our hands…
Sound Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability, age or any other protected status.
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Already a member? Sign In