VP - Cost Reporting
Chennai, India | Multinational Banking and Financial Services Firm
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
This is a role within GFS Group FPA with a direct focus on costs encompassing process management, analytics, reporting, and process change. The role is to lead the growth and strategic development of the Service Charges team with respect to standard process capabilities, skill sets, talent pipeline, stakeholder relationships, high quality service delivery and controls. There is a requirement to work collaboratively across time-zones, interact with business and functional stakeholders within Multinational Banking and Financial Services Firm, and develop a strong Global understanding of the Bank’s cost footprint, specifically expense drivers and the Service Charge (cost allocation) process, and the design & delivery of meaningful cost reporting and cost analytics in support of strategic decision making.
• Overseeing and providing on-going management direction, and full ownership of quality control, for all processes and activities undertaken within the Service Charges team, ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
• Partner with Stakeholders, Global Process Managers & Owners to design and implement Standard Global Processes, both within on Service Charges (Allocation of Direct Costs to Segments & Products) and relevant upstream/downstream functions, and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
• Own the Service Charges Change agenda from a GFS perspective; embed a culture of continuous process and efficiency improvement, understand and identify challenge areas and enhancement opportunities and provide value-add solutions, support the strategic roadmap to deliver on cost visibility goals contributing to best-practice design, own the delivery and execution of change initiatives by effectively partnering with business & technology, while managing and escalating risks.
• Contribute to the strategic development of the centre & drive GFS collective agenda and objectives. Participate and support in all Global initiatives as applicable from time to time.
• Ensure effective team organisation, structure and retention to efficiently deliver remit; work with HR to enhance the talent / skill sets to meet the growing complexity and needs of finance. Ensure that right talent is attracted and retained for all key roles; actively work on attrition management for the unit. Create sufficient bench to manage attrition efficiently. Improve work life balance.
• Actively work on team development & coaching, be an advocate for employees, provide relevant training & learning opportunities, and ensuring clear succession options to enable people progression and mobility.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Chartered Accountant or MBA (tier 1&2 B-school) with 15+ years of relevant finance experience, with a strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Reporting, Planning & Forecasting processes in a large international Bank and relevant key measures that drives effectiveness of these processes.
- Specific experience in expense, various Recharge and Service Charge processes (or equivalent) of a complex multinational banking Group a preference.
- Expertise in governance, digitisation & standardisation to support larger organisational agendas.
- Strong Leadership and Management skills: a solution oriented thought-leader with a track record of successful people development, and proven ability to lead, design and execute a Change agenda.
- A team-player, with the ability and desire to work at all levels; down in the detail and mechanics when required, and face-off to stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; a strong self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity; an ability to think both strategically and analytically and apply these skills into meaningful outcomes for the Group including presenting and influencing senior management.
- High standard of written English, with the ability to review, summarise and communicate complex material accurately and succinctly.
- Experience in operating within large virtual teams and building relationships across a complex network of stakeholders.
- Microsoft office proficiency, with Excellent/advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills an advantage.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while delivering quality output to senior management.