VP, Critical Initiative Lead
Amsterdam, Netherlands | Equinix
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:79 people have viewed this job
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating over 240 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 77 consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of over 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 27 countries spanning five continents – and counting!
A leadership role at Equinix means you will drive and collaborate on work that impacts the world. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Critical Initiative Lead is responsible to strategize, orchestrate and deliver complex, cross-functional program(s) to achieve pre-determined business outcomes around customer centricity, operational efficiency, and innovation. This role is responsible for defining problem statement and associated program scope, working cross-functionally to analyze the problem, dissecting the program into actionable work streams, gain buy-in from senior leaders toward the solution, develop business case, milestones, initiative roadmap, and guide program managers to implement solutions while leveraging agile framework. This role will make material differences in business processes, customer engagement and/or profitability through extensive support from the Transformation Office in design thinking, agile workshops, and lean processes.
• Accountable for initiative design and implementation based on the problem to be solved – working cross functionally to move the initiative through stage gate (e.g., proof of concept, proof of feasibility, business case approval, implementation milestones), escalate and remove roadblock where needed, and deliver business outcome following pre-defined timeline
• Initiative design: Based on the target business outcome desired, develop initiative scope and underlying work stream and identify clear owners and milestones and timeline
• Business case development: Work with finance to create realistic business case and provide rationale for investment required
• KPI identification and tracking: Design leading and lagging KPIs to track throughout the initiative process to maintain speed and identify early signs of issue
• Execution and monitoring: Support cross-functional stakeholders in the implementation process and get feedback on what’s working vs. not and adapt as needed; work with finance to monitor actual financial impact and identify solutions if initiative is under performing
• Coordinates with other transformation initiative leads and program managers to drive efficiency and avoid duplication or conflict
• Provides relevant executive updates and escalation on initiative progress, critical decisions, milestone achievement, and potential upstream and downstream impacts
• Takes ownership of, and resolves, complex stakeholder issues and proactively attends to stakeholder needs by managing expectations
• Partners effectively with finance to continually evaluate the ROI and viability of the initiative progress; pivot / iterate where needed to resolve unexpected challenges and deliver targeted business outcomes
• Identify upstream & downstream impact as early as possible and gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders throughout the process to maximize success of implementation
• Develops strategic themes to improve business delivery (what drives our business today versus what should drive it tomorrow)
• Seeks and takes council from senior leaders to analyze complex problems per feedback and develop recommended action
• Facilitates diverse groups in process workshops and design sessions
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• 15+ years managing complex, enterprise-wide transformational programs that touch on various areas of the business and deliver high impact/ROI
• Ability to think through & manage around potential upstream and downstream impact
• Understanding of the linkages between business, policies, processes and behaviors/mindsets; identifies integration risks and cross functional dependencies proactively and quickly implements mitigation plans
• Experience and understanding of customers’ and employees’ view of the business
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Focus on execution and results – establishing high standards for performance, setting goals and developing plans, following through and holding people accountable for results
• Self-starter: comfortable with ambiguity and understands complex business problems and drives understanding, consensus, and resolution
• Demonstrated learning agility and experience working effectively across the enterprise
• High EQ: able to understand and resonate with diverse groups regarding the impact of business changes
• Resiliency in the face of challenge and pressure & ability to lead teams through difficult situations
• Skilled dialogue facilitator: able to create productive spaces for brainstorming, discussion, innovation, and solutioning
• Active listener able to validate and influence across organization
• Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals
• Change-leader mindset willing to challenge status quo in a collaborative and inclusive manner that brings stakeholders along
AGILITY & POTENTIAL
• Foresight: Simplify complex problems, develop creative solutions, thinking dexterity.
• Learning: Self-awareness, curious and open-minded, courageous.
• Adaptability: Authenticity, empathy, flex and transformation.
• Resilience: Ownership mindset, purpose, and integrity, persist and sustain energy.
• Critical that candidates resonate with the Equinix mantra of being “In Service To” each other, to our customers, to our shareholders and to the communities in which we operate.
• An authentic commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, helping Equinix build a culture where every employee can confidently say “I’m Safe, I Belong and I Matter.”
• Other key characteristics desired: authenticity, humility, perseverance, drive.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Already a member? Sign In