Camden, NJ, USA | Cooper University Health Care
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Vice President of Development will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer.In conjunction with the SVP/CPO, the VP of Development will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing all The Cooper Foundation’s fundraising strategy, development and execution. This role requires an individual who is a strong leader, an excellent communicator and understands and is passionate about the mission and vision of Cooper University Health Care. The successful candidate must have experience meeting seven figure annual fundraising goals utilizing multiple fundraising channels.
• Bachelor’s Degree Graduate Degree Preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of demonstrated success and increased responsibility in identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of non-profit donations.
• Demonstrated ability to close gifts of $25,000 or higher.
• Understanding of and experience in applying concepts of Planned Giving, Major Gifts, Annual Fund, and Capital Campaigns.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work easily and effectively with a wide range of people including major donors, board members, fellow staff members, corporate, foundation, and other nonprofit representatives.
• Willingness to travel to build donor relationships and awareness of The Cooper Foundation’s mission and vision.
• Sensitivity to and respect for the privacy rights of donors in all communications is required.Must demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Passion for the mission of The Cooper Foundation.
• Proven aptitude for strategic planning, marketing, donor relations/stewardship, and grant writing in a collaborative manner with board and staff.
• Ability to meet deadlines and respond to multiple demands concurrently with excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
• Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Knowledge of laws, practices, philosophy, and ethics of charitable giving.
• Proficient computer and spreadsheet skills, Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Strong understanding of data utilization and management, as well as effective use of fundraising technology and data for strategic operations.
• Mentor junior colleagues and work with administrative support staff in a collaborative manner.
Already a member? Sign In