VP / Director, Interest Rates Strategist
New York, NY, USA | SMBC Group
Job Description:80 people have viewed this job
SMBC Capital Markets is an interest rates derivatives trading company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. We are a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), one of the leading global banks in Japan.
Our Capital Markets business is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange.We have been in operation for more than 30 years and is a leading market-maker in several markets.
Our Capital Markets Corporate Strategy team is looking for a Director-level Interest Rate Strategist with extensive market experience to conduct analysis, develop and publish strategy, forecasts, and trade ideas for the US interest rate, derivatives, and cross currency markets. The successful candidate will deliver market insights to our corporate and institutional clients through topical publications for general distribution. Additionally, you will develop customized market strategy ideas through bespoke presentation materials, small group and individual client meetings and conference calls. You will also provide our Derivative Products team with ideas, content and education to advance our marketing efforts.
- Generate qualitative and quantitative insights on the US treasury, interest rate swap, derivatives and cross-currency basis markets.
- Develop and publish notes, articles and presentation materials that identify market opportunities, forecasts, and optimal trading strategies.
- Engage with corporate and institutional clients presenting new ideas, market insight, and develop deep client relationships with a primary focus on end-user clients.
- Work as a member of the derivatives marketing team, able to earn credibility with banking, origination and fixed income sales teams as a value-added partner.
- Late working hours and extensive travel may be required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience at a significant sell-side or buy-side fixed income or derivatives institution.
- Proven track record in US rates and derivatives strategy. Familiarity with G-10 rates and currency swap markets a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree required. CFA designation, MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, executive presence and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Alrdeady a member? Sign In