VP / Director, Private Placement Group - Specialized Financing Americas Department
New York, NY, USA | SMBC Group
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
Our Structured Placement Group is looking to hire at the VP or Director-level. The role will be mainly responsible for originating private placement financing transactions from issuers, and placing debt securities with institutional investors. The position will report to the Group Head of Structured Placement in our SMBC Specialized Financing Americas Department.
- Originate transactions with issuers and sell securities to investors.
- Manage relationships with issuers and network of institutional investor contacts.
- Regular domestic and international travel for client meetings is required (25%+ travel).
- Execute against the strategic direction set by management in order to meet revenue targets and assist in driving growth of the business.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with global relationship managers and U.S. and EMEA Debt Capital Markets teams in order to leverage client relationships to generate additional business.
- Oversee writing of private placement memoranda (description of the business, industry, financial information, terms of the offering, covenants, etc.)
- Interact with issuer and investor counsel in order to address any questions.
- Oversee data collection and preparation of marketing materials.
- Keep abreast of market dynamics and conditions; obtain market reads from investors and relevant industry publications.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior level members of the team.
A minimum of 6-8 years of private placements experience. Experience with credit analysis a plus.
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Bloomberg.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. MBA Degree preferred.
- Series 7, 63, 79 required -- we can support taking the licensing exams if necessary.
- Experience originating and executing private placement transactions.
- Understanding of derivatives, mainly interest rate and currency hedges.
- Able to understand and identify core risks of private placement transactions.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements as they pertain to the evaluation of a deal.
- Good understanding of global market trends and ability to react quickly to changing market conditions.
- Well-versed in regulatory framework in region and with internal policies and procedures.
- Strong network of senior-level contacts with institutional investors and clients.
Alrdeady a member? Sign In