VP Engineering, Data
New York, NY, USA | Tradeshift
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes and providing them with the platform and network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, and workflow. We recognize that business is both messy and social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions. We work hard and our teams have great freedom and responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies and approaches to evolve the product to the next level.
We believe that being a global, multicultural company is a tremendous strength and we have people working from 18 different countries with hubs in Bucharest, Copenhagen, Kuala Lumpur, and San Francisco. We believe that if we truly focus on how to work distributed and collaborate across locations and (home) offices, we will not only enjoy work more but also build better products for our customers, and ultimately be a better company.
About The Role
This role leads a team of data engineers, machine learning experts, and data analysts and is responsible for the data ecosystem both internally and for the Tradeshift platform. Tradeshift has processed > USD 1 trillion worth of B2B transactions globally, which creates a vast, rich set of data to manage- all in the cloud.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead, set expectations, and hold teams accountable for results
- Assign and ensure that there is a corporate data architecture that allows Tradeshift to operate and evolve its business processes in an efficient, effective, reliable and compliant manner
- Continue to evolve the high level data model of the fundamental entities in the corporate data landscape of the Tradeshift business
- Determine which systems have authoritative ownership of which parts of the data model, the lifecycle, the flow, and stratified standards for data integrity
- Design, implement and operate central reporting systems - data lakes, data warehouses, analytical tools etc, such that data can be used by internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with diverse teams across the organization to ensure that all relevant perspectives are considered in the design of the corporate data model and stakeholders are aware of requirements that their systems respectively have to satisfy and are planning accordingly
Let's Connect If You...
- Want to be instrumental in our growth by putting teams, systems and processes in place to capitalize on the value that our data represents\
- Have grown and led distributed teams of 10+ people
- Have designed and implemented corporate data models before
- Understand what data needs to flow where to enable the business processes of a B2B SaaS company
- Have established cloud first data architectures and governance for internal and external needs
- Are a proven strategic leader, that has been successful building teams and collaborating across the organization to drive transformational projects
Already a member? Sign In