VP Finance Business Line - Engines
Trollhattan, Sweden | GKN
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:61 people have viewed this job
This role is based at GKN Aerospace Site in Trollhatten, Sweden.
GKN Aerospace is reorganizing in order to become more customer-focused and improve operational performance.The global transformation follows years of growth-by-acquisition, and will see it move from four independent internal divisions into a single, fully integrated business.This position will be critical in moving the organization into the new direction by accomplishing the following:
The Business Lines Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) is the senior financial executive overseeing all customer-focused activities in the region. They are a strategic business partner to the SVP Business Lines and Aerospace CFO. They set direction, financial strategy, provide projections, and prepare growth plans for the organization.
In addition to management of the business plan, the CFO and team provide financial insights that drive strategic decisions, financial forecasts, and business plans. The role has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities for the business and its respective businesses. They drive financial performance through high quality decision support and FP&A, including overall P&L, sales and margin management, and close control over working capital
▪ Delivering business line strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; building a successful team and driving its performance
▪ Developing business lines strategies by contributing financial and accounting insight, analysis, and recommendations; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
▪ Establishing strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; supporting the determination of customer, technology and product strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
▪ Developing organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
▪ Developing financial strategies by forecasting cash (particularly working capital) and resource requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing and implementing action plans.
▪ Monitoring financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
▪ Reporting financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
▪ Implementing and managing metrics and measurements to successfully manage, control and profitably grow the business
▪ Identifying, assessing and communicating risks and exposures and developing measures to effectively mitigate these on a timely basis.
• Recognized accounting qualification plus 10+ years PQE
▪ Ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative executive team that is responsive and results-oriented.
▪ Demonstrated track record of success as a CFO or senior finance professional
▪ Excels in managing finance, accounting, budgeting, control, pricing, business analytics and reporting;
▪ Ability to attract, develop and retain high-performing talent; motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity and develop others/manage performance;
▪ Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting vision into an operational model;
▪ Forward-thinking and takes a global view regarding the business;
▪ Connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrates emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly, collaboratively and persuasively;
• Clear understanding of relevant technical accounting framework
• Good understanding of the Aerospace industry
• Experience of GKN's Aerospace business
Already a member? Sign In