VP, General Manager, Specialty
Remote, USA | Covetrus
Industry:Veterinary / Animal Care
Job Description:91 people have viewed this job
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
As Vice President, Specialty Pharmacy Sales you bring 15+ years of expertise in leading and delivering annual growth in specialty and/or pharmaceutical sales. You understand the unique challenges of pharmacy compounding and are passionate about helping the animal health industry and specifically veterinarians understand the value that can be delivered via specialty medications.
In this role, you recognize the need to lead from the front and serve as both player and coach, building the team’s expertise while prepared to close deals yourself. The idea of shaping and growing a newly formed team to pursue big sales goals in an industry ripe for disruption is a thrilling opportunity that you are ready to excel at. Since the business is transforming, you are comfortable managing results that will come through direct sales, channel relationships and via online channels, acting as the executive leader for the entire business.
Beyond just delivering sales, you will be the voice of the customer and are ready to guide research and development. You will continually bring back ideas and opportunities for the product teams to consider. You are adept at working in a cross-matrixed organization with numerous marketing, product, and operational stakeholders. Consistent communication and maintaining executive alignment are part of your leadership DNA. And lastly, you have an eye for finding and growing sales talent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Collaborate with the CCO and Executive Leadership to establish and accomplish annual sales goals and objectives.
· Ensure all sales programs are consistent and compliant with the latest laws, guidance and corporate policies.
· Responsible for development of Specialty Pharmacy commercial programs and materials, sales training and enablement, and guiding market research external communications.
· Collaborate and build consensus among sales, marketing and operational teams relative to product strategies initiatives and commercial go-to-market strategies.
· Partner with sales leadership to ensure challenges are identified and addressed in an expeditious manner.
· Recommend product and market opportunities and develop pricing and service strategies to ensure market penetration, market growth and customer satisfaction.
· Maintain a market analysis defining the total market, company market share, competitor market share, and available market share by product.
· Regularly analyze the market landscape to understand competitive positions, market dynamics and seek opportunities.
· Provide the strategies, updates and control of forecasts covering projected new business sales, customer needs, and investment requirements by customer and program.
· Identify new opportunities to promote revenue, growth, and profitability.
· Regularly attend industry meetings to meet with clients to understand needs and disease treatment dynamics.
· Maintain strong working relationships with Key Industry Associations and advisory groups.
· Lead, manage and develop staff (# TBD based on organization design and growth)
· Leader of Directors and Managers within the Specialty Pharmacy organization
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· BA/BS degree in science, chemistry, biology, economics, advertising, business administration or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
· Strong management experience including demonstrated team building and leadership
· At least 10 years of pharmaceutical sales and marketing experience. Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
· Understanding of the core principles of brand management, including brand positioning, messaging and overall campaign
· Experience working collaborating with external experts and professional medical associations
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
· Ability to drive cross-functional change both internally and externally
· Expertise in data analysis and decision-making capabilities
· Excellent writing, verbal communications and presentation skills
· Demonstrate proficiency in time and project management
· Sense of urgency in solving problems and comfortable with a fast-paced, demanding environment
· Ability to analyze complex situations to identify root cause and quickly create solutions with clear direction
· Polished interpersonal and communication style with the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, to persuade and to clearly explain complex technical insights to a wide variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with a highly collaborative approach in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated commitment to building trusted relationships with clients
· Ability to successfully establish priorities and manage time efficiently while working under pressure and dealing with ambiguity
· Passionate, results oriented and focused
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Pet friendly office environment.
· Extensive computer use.
· Business travel required (up to 50% of time).
Already a member? Sign In