VP - Global IP Networks, Systems, and Applications
Anywhere, NM, USA | NTT
Industry:Telecommunications & Wireless
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:66 people have viewed this job
At NTT we believe that by using innovative technology we can solve global challenges and create a world that is sustainable and secure. We are looking for curious people, from diverse backgrounds, that are keen to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
At NTT we trust our employees to do the right thing, even when no one is watching, which is why we offer flexibility in the workplace. The majority of our roles are hybrid, meaning we encourage a balance of working from home and our local office. Ask our recruitment team if this is a hybrid role.
Want to be a part of our team?
The Vice President, GIN Systems, Applications, and Software (SAS) manages and coordinates the design, development, and ongoing management for the systems, applications, and software critical to the operational success of the Global IP Network business. The VP will be a key member of the Global IP Network Management Team, and will be expected to apply both strategic and tactical capabilities in the role. The VP will work as a peer with the heads of Engineering, Operations, Finance, Customer Solutions, Infrastructure Sourcing, Sales, Marketing, and Accounting. There are 4 major categories of services which SAS is responsible to provide:
1. Computing Infrastructure
2. Business Information
3. Network Information
4. General Information Services
Working at NTT
To be successful in this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential function with a high degree of success.The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Duties are not listed in order of priority, but are expected to be done in a timely fashion unless otherwise instructed. NTT will provide reasonable accommodations to employees with physical/mental limitations to enable these individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Serve as a member of the GIN Management Team, as well as in other capacities in coordination with other parts of NTT Ltd. as needed
- Develop strategic planning for the design and implementation and timely delivery of the needed GIN systems, applications, and software to ensure the business is operationally sound.
- Provide leadership and coordination with other GIN related customer and operations teams.
- Align closely with various user constituencies from IP Engineering, IP Operations, Infrastructure Sourcing, Customer Solutions, Sales, and Finance to ensure that the services required by these groups are being achieved.
- Formulate long and short-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Ensure the following systems/applications/software provide the necessary capabilities for the GIN business users, and in some cases end customers:
These are services which provide the underlying foundation for our applications and software.These services include, but are not limited to:
- Physical servers
- Private cloud and Public cloud implementations
- Database services
- Alexandria (GIN Data Warehouse)
- Web servers
- GIN data center networking
- Directory services
Business Information Services
These are services whose primary purpose is to enable GIN business functions and customer care.These services include, but are not limited to:
- Looking glass
- Customer and DPS portal
Network Information Services
These are services deployed to enable configuration and operation of GIN’s production network.These services include, but are not limited to:
- Migration planner
General Information Services
These are services that are in use by most or all GIN team members.These services include, but are not limited to:
- File sharing
- Instant messaging
- Documentation and collaboration platform
- Various SaaS Implementations – ServiceNow, Confluence, Slack, Asana, Teoco, Arbor, etc…
- Responsible for conducting and completing both staff evaluations and timely establishment of individual staff goals, as well as provide performance counseling/coaching as necessary.
- Applies performance standards and addresses problems/issues in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for ensuring that your staff participates and successfully completes all companywide mandates/training in a timely manner.
- This position has access to confidential personnel and compensation information that is not otherwise available to employees. The supervisory responsibilities of this position require the utilization of such confidential information and it is an essential function of the job to protect and maintain its privacy.
- Complies with Corporate Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Standards.
- Complies with all ethics and professional standards.
- Complies with all corporate and organizational security policies and guidelines.
- Ability to travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
- Performs a myriad of tasks as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge/Skills/Abilities) Core Competencies:
- In depth knowledge of software and systems development processes and ongoing operations, specifically related to IP Network functions and requirements.
- Significant experience negotiating and completing service agreements and contracts with third party vendors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage internal user and in some cases external customer expectations.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Has analytical ability to assess business situations and create contingency plans.
- Ability to be a team player, works effectively with others with positive cooperation.
- Ability to communicate, both internally and externally, in an effective, timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to accept accountability for results.
- Strong Computer skills, including MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or Exchange as well as Unix.
Education and Experience:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position.Preferred level of education and experience necessary to successfully perform the principal responsibilities of this position are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Ten plus (10+) years’ experience leading software project and program management staff.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex networks utilizing network technologies, including vendor management.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include, strong network design engineering experience as well as a good understanding of transport implementation options.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively.
- High level of technical aptitude.
- Expert ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
Working conditions are normal for a general office environment. Work requires extensive time using a computer and possibly other office equipment.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.
Already a member? Sign In