VP, Global Technical Sales
Frankfurt, Germany | Equinix
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 230+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 75+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 28 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Under the direction of the SVP, Global Technical Sales Team (GTST) the VP of Global Technical Sales, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) provides strategic vision, thought leadership and robust Go-to-Market management to Equinix pre-sales technical teams of engineers and architects to drive accelerated new business orders and revenue growth in key regional markets (activities to include planning, organizing, leading and controlling sales growth initiatives via proactive technical engagement, client relationship building and customer satisfaction). Actively engages with all GTM sales teams in the region as well as cross-functional partners in legal, finance, marketing, channel and customer care teams in the development of new and expanded client revenue streams.
• Builds a high performing technical pre-sales organization able to achieve superior results, growing business w/existing customers, closing new opportunities and new logos
• Leads EMEA GTST team to grow existing customers on the global platform while expanding pipeline of new customers to facilitate deal closure, leveraging tools that improve processes and tighten discipline
• Attracts, recruits, trains, and retains exceptional technical sales talent
• Inspires, motivates, and maintains a culture that optimizes the passion and potential of the GTST team with a DIB focus
• Facilitates the working relationships with all GTM sales teams, Regional Leadership Teams, Marketing, Product and GCCX organizations
• Creates a vision for the EMEA GTST organization by creating a strategic roadmap to attain global and regional sales metrics
• Provides coaching and mentoring, knowledge and technical pre-sales efforts to increase traction, client penetration, learning and sales
• Provides leadership, guidance, and development to GTST leaders and individual contributors
• Defines and reports on metrics to measure performance of technical pre-sales activities in partnership with Sales Operations
• Coaches in applying sales discipline and best practices to penetrate existing and new accounts and continually work to improve client satisfaction
• Supports the development of technical sales proposals that win against the competition in partnership with sales GTM teams globally
• Partners to expand existing client base to drive broader opportunities and insure proper alignment and sales resource allocation within new and existing customers
What We Are Looking For
• High-energy, high-integrity individual who can simultaneously inspire change while sustaining a culture of team harmony and high performance
• Strong technical acumen including digital services (cloud, infrastructure etc), networking services, connectivity and infrastructure and physical colocation
• Leadership and coaching skills to build a high performing technical pre-sales organization able to achieve superior bookings, revenue and strategic results
• Client relationship and development skills to expand existing customers while developingpipeline of new enterprise customers
• Talent Attractor who recruits, trains, and retains exceptional technical sales talent w/ diversity focus
• Superior partner developer for direct and indirect sales channels, Regional Leadership Teams, Marketing and Customer organizations
• Visionary for our core and digital BUs by creating a strategic roadmap to attain global and regional metrics
• Succinct communication skills, gravitas, executive presence, strong presentation abilities
• Curious mindset, constant learner, leader by example
• Generous and empathetic leadership style putting team goals before personal and treating others with respect
• Deep EMEA regional knowledge to include top clients, partners, industry trends coupled with Global reach and impact
• Demonstrated track record in technical sales leadership
• Demonstrated experience in successfully leading multi country and multi cultural teams
• Significant experience over a broad range of company sizes ($500 M+)
• Knowledge of the retail data center business, and data center business regionally and globally, or large Technology, Telecoms, or Cloud and Platform solutions.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
• MBA preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Already a member? Sign In