VP Group Cost Planning and Analytics
Chennai, India | Standard Chartered
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:77 people have viewed this job
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit.It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading the team and supervision of the Group Budgeting and Forecasting processes.
• Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement.
• Continuous focus on “Big Picture” and enable the decision support in line with finance strategy
• Leverage process / domain expertise to identify opportunities for quality & process design improvement / reengineering while upholding the values of the Group and Company at all times.
• Partner with Global Process Managers and leaders to design and implement Standard Global Processes across areas of Performance Management and to track implementation effectiveness and gaps on a continued basis.
• Liaise with customers on the periodic review and re-negotiation of Service Level Agreements and any other related performance and quality measures.
• Contribute to transformational agenda in terms of strategic, consensus building, driving and contributing to objectives. Participate and Support in all Global initiatives as applicable from time to time.
• Effectively lead change, manage and escalate risks arising out of transition of new processes.
• Ensure Ops risk monitoring across all processes covered by the team and report key risks emanating from them to right forums.
• Ensure complete compliance with Group Code of Conduct and Social agenda of the organization.
• Develop key people management and stakeholder management skills to move into People Manager / SME roles.
Our Ideal Candidate
Key Competencies & Experience
• Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of Planning processes in Banking Industry.
• Ability to design and build structured processes with consensus of key leaders in the wider organisation.
• Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the Performance management processes.
• Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
• Able to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence and have an excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
• Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of Management accounting and related processes
• Strong ability to understand financial statements and its drivers and synthesize them into meaningful analyses as required. Develop analysis & interpretations as required to facilitate management decision making.
• Experience of having led large teams including senior & experienced professionals.
• A leader, a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
• Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
• Chartered Accountant or MBA with 15+ years of relevant finance experience in Planning activities.
• Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services
• In-depth knowledge of the Planning process in a large international Bank and relevant key measures that drives effectiveness of these processes.
• Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
• Excellent Excel & PowerPoint skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Solid people and project management skills.
• Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
• Relationship and stakeholder management skills are important
• Initiative and proactive thinking
Alrdeady a member? Sign In