VP Group Operating Platform
New York, NY, USA | MetLife
Industry:Insurance - General
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
The Role: The VP of Group Operating Platform will be the business owner and have direct management responsibility and accountability for leading the Group Operating Platform Strategy under 1,000 Lives, change management as well as driving the end to end employer and claimant experience.This investment is critical to provide necessary solutions in market to rapidly grow this segment.
As single point of contact on the Group Operating platform this role will have leadership responsibility and accountability for the execution and implementation of the platform program, along with being a point of contact for sales to effectively address market needs for the program.
This role will lead a team of approximately 30-40 with further team structure to be evaluated & responsible for delivering capabilities and outcomes including the growth plan. To execute on this program there is a need to have a business owner to define strategy, business goals, measure and ensure execution and maintain customer base by being the face of the Group Operating Platform.
This new role leads across business & all stakeholders including Market Segments, Operations, Claims, Product & Pricing, Sales and Distribution Development & Marketing teams to understand the business objectives, strategies and priorities and put effective methodologies, policies and procedures in place to deliver on these priorities.This role will develop effective partnerships with IT to deliver the business priorities to market.
The Group Operating Platform is a high impact, cross-functional, strategic effort to drive improvements and differentiate our offerings for a better customer experience in the <1000 lives marketplace. By working together and investing in our people, technology and processes, we'll deliver a premier end-to-end solution that strengthens our capabilities and customer-centric culture.
This role is responsible for end-to-end execution of all business strategies and capabilities across the Group Operating Platform under 1,000 lives. The Group Operating Platform program which is a multi-year program that will drive end-to-end improvements in MetLife’s Regional business, transforming them into market leaders that deliver top-quartile business results.Functions as key stakeholder with primary business & technical responsibility for governance, compliance and ROI.
- Full-time owner of inception and implementation including the operational plan of the technology platform to support group insurance business employers with a focus on the under 1000 lives segment
- Continuing to foster an effective business relationship with IBM/Majesco and or other potential B2B relationships to support the build and scale of the platform
- Business leader to prioritize the products and services that will be enabled via the operating platform
- Develop and own the execution of the go to market plan for new capabilities including selecting strategic partners to drive integration strategies
- Create long term business plan and operating model that is aligned across the matrix to deliver a seamless experience for customers and third parties
- Establish and maintain appropriate partnerships, relationships and processes across the various functions that support the platform to ensure that the strategy is fully socialized with partners and stakeholders.
- Align the Group Operating Platform and priorities around the Next Horizon Strategy to enable us to win in the long term.Modify and prioritize based on the outcomes of Next Horizon Strategy work as appropriate
Reports to:Cynthia Coverson - SVP, Regional Market
Direct reports/team: direct reports TBD/approximately 30-40 total team
Key Stakeholders: SVP Market Segments, VP Group Operations, IT, VP Group Claims, Marketing, Product/Pricing, Planning & Governance, Legal, Compliance, Sales, Underwriting, Service
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10-15+ years of experience in Group Insurance; must have a deep understanding of the Group Insurance business and be able to discuss the business implications of technology decisions, as well as the technology implications of business decisions, particularly in terms of costs and implementation roadmaps
- Must demonstrate specific experience developing the strategic vision for an organization and prioritizing its most critical needs; ability to develop a strong business case and drive interest and agreement to secure funding in order to deliver against the vision
- Must demonstrate expertise and specific accomplishments managing large transformation programs, planning and managing a platform, and developing and managing IT process improvement initiatives
- Ability to develop strategic trusted partnerships with their client groups and vendor partners
- Strong leadership skills required to restructure and continually refine organizational vision, goals and direction; and to motivate teams to reach toward World Class delivery
- Ability to direct multiple teams' activities; ability to direct, motivate and develop project staff in an evolving environment.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
MetLife Success Principles
- Experiment with Confidence – Courageously learn and test new ideas without fear of failure
- Act with Urgency – Demonstrate speed to action with agility and determination
- Seek Diverse Perspectives – Source ideas and feedback to expand thinking and make informed decisions
- Seize Opportunity – Drive responsible growth and identify areas for continuous improvement
- Champion Inclusion – Foster an environment where everyone is valued, heard, and can speak up
- Create Alignment – Partner with others across the organization with candor and transparency
- Take Responsibility – Be accountable and act in pursuit of the right outcomes
- Enable Solutions – Anticipate and address obstacles while managing risk
- Deliver What Matters – Execute meaningful priorities and follow through on commitments
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Already a member? Sign In