VP, HR Business Partner
New York, NY, USA | MSCI
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
What we will offer you:
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday/vacation allowance and retirement savings plans/pensions
- A wide range of benefits including – healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) – cycle-to-work schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts
- A hybrid work environment, for the vast majority of employees, offering a more progressive way of working to give you the flexibility, accountability, and responsibility to empower you to perform at your very best. At the center of this way of working is a culture which is built on a strong foundation of trust. We trust our people and they trust our organization’s leaders to support them.
- An inclusive and performance driven culture where you are empowered to maximize your potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing to provide you with all the resources you need to be your best at work and in your personal life. Our Here For You Employee Assistance Program provides confidential emotional support with local experts, financial and legal advice in a wide range of issues as well as access to online information, resources and tools. All the services are available for our employees free of charge.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide informed HR consulting and execution to managers with teams in the Northeast to ensure that their talent strategy, goals and priorities are driven by business needs and aligned with the firm's Talent Agenda.
- Advice employees and management in resolving employee relation issues, act as a confidant for employees and managers to assist them in human relations and work related issues and provide feedback to senior management concerning morale, motivation and people at risk issues.
- Partner with the business and HR Leads on all key talent and staff decisions, providing HR advice and expertise. Leverage subject matter experts from across the HR function as needed.
- Ownership of the US immigration process partnering closely with external immigration attorneys
- Work closely with Office Heads for the region to build up engagement among staff in their locations.
- Support the business with organizational change and development as necessary, influencing managers to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Determine HR implications of external business trends
- Create and provide adhoc reporting, data management/tracking of key HR metrics. Analyze and present relevant reports back to the business and HR leads. Develop HR presentations on key HR data or HR-related materials.
- Coordinate execution of all people related changes with HR Ops teams
- Support managers/employees in the execution of annual practices, including new hire onboarding, performance management, talent review, succession planning, compensation and promotion.
- Partner with the business and recruiting team to identify the best talent for MSCI.
- Support the year-end processes in liaison with global HR team
- Liaise with immigration counsel to facilitate the visa process for foreign national employees in the US and Canada.
- Facilitate internal approval process for permanent residence requests for foreign national employees in the US and Canada
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders (foreign national employees, managers, recruiters) on visa related questions and/or immigration policy
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- 5+ years HR Generalist and business partner experience, preferably in financial services or information technology companies
- Familiarity with the US Immigration process and visa types
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles.
- Experience working with high expectations, senior executives and has demonstrated influence and persuasion.
- Excellent analytical skills; knowledge of Excel and other reporting tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and a flexible approach.Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Well organized, thorough and detailed, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Discretion and ability to deal with sensitive issues.
- Highly motivated, team work, highly proactive and with initiative.
- Analytical and creative-capable of flexing solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact.
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
Already a member? Sign In