VP, HR Operations and Technology
Greensboro, NC, USA | Lincoln Financial Group
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position provides strategic leadership on all aspects of Lincoln Financial Groups (LFG) Human Resource (HR) technology vision, strategy, architecture, analytics/data reporting and applicable policies while ensuring alignment with the broader HR, business, and financial objectives of the enterprise and its line of businesses. S/He will oversee the HR business intelligence process to ensure the continuous improvement of systems, processes, and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to understand the fundamental drivers of the business and the industry at an operational level, anticipating change and seeing opportunities to provide increased support to business needs through the use of information technology.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Deep working knowledge of key driver/levers of business.
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and executing on IT strategic roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the accurate documentation and maintenance of operational standard operating procedures (SOPS) and other process workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in identification, assessment, and communication of financial risk within a large and complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in motivating others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, Continuous Operational Improvement, Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), Six Sigma, or Lean Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of and experience with integrating enterprise wide platforms with existing financial/information technology systems.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrated to ability to improve processes and enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of evaluation, deployment, and management of IT systems, applications, and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of HR processes, policies and legal requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Sound knowledge of disaster recovery, business continuity, and security of data, information, systems, and networks.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- 12+ Years of progressively increasing responsible experience in corporate Information Technology or Human Resource Information technology management (HRIS, HRIT or HRTMS) or Human Resource operations management including data, platform, and system(s) management. (Required )
- 5+ Years of senior management experience in a large complex organization including influencing senior management and critical stakeholder responsibility. (Required ),0 - 1+ Years Experience with Human Resource Information Management systems (e.g. Ultimate, SuccessFactors, SAP, Lawson, Authoria, Peoplesoft) preferred. (Required )
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy.An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Already a member? Sign In