VP, Institutional Sales - Software Sales
Chicago, IL, USA | Backstop Solutions Group
Industry:Computer Software / Computer Games
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
The Vice President, Sales will be responsible to achieve critical business objectives, drive the go to market strategy in the Midwest to the West and provide strong sales leadership. In the role, you will have a close working relationship with the Head of Global Sales in contributing to the strategic and tactical success of both the Midwest and West Regions.
This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial VP to capitalize on a strong brand and product base to build and scale a high performing team.
• Prospect, manage and win clients in the alternative asset management industry
• Cultivate, develop and keep client & partner relationships ensuring the highest level of satisfaction while providing consistent value through selling additional services and offerings
• Handel complete and complex sales-cycles often presenting to C-level key decision making executives the value of the full platform features with a detailed consultative approach
• Manage pipeline and provide reporting to key internal partners on a regular basis
• Evangelize the Backstop Solutions Group story and vision through product demonstrations, in-market events as well as coordinate key targeted messaging and positioning for account specific initiatives
• Work collaboratively with other company executives, managers, and team members to help nurture our results driven, team oriented environment
• Emulate Backstop Solutions Group in the highest standard with appropriate behavior and character in all business situations
• Build a high-performing sales team. Instigate thorough talent and performance management processes. Hire and retain industry leading sales teams.
• Lead by example the current sales process, and inspect success of the sales steps.
• Work with Marketing to collaborate and drive lead gen opportunities
• Supervising a team of 3-5 sales associates
• Validated sales success in Cloud and/or SaaS
• Formal training in solutions based selling
• Hands-on teammate
• Self-directed and the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Leadership skills
Experience and Skills
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of quota carrying software or financial services technology sales
• +3 years management experience
• Consistent track record selling software into financial services
• Demonstrated ability to manage the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO level
• Extraordinary evangelical sales track record in prospecting and qualifying opportunities, contract negotiation, and closing business ranging in deal size from $50k to $500k
• Consistent track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
• Previous sales methodology, strategic selling, solution selling, CRM experience and strong customer references preferred
• Travel required
• Bachelor's degree required
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills. Thrives in a team environment and has a track record of developing effective and trusted relationships at all levels of the organization.
• High-energy, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
• Confident, open minded and self-assured with a warm approach to people. Comfortable challenging existing ideas and thinking in a provocative, but collegial manner which pulls the entire team together to achieve company goals.
• Well respected, recognized and perceived as a thought leader in the financial software community who understands the business initiatives and challenges the company faces.
• A team builder, team player and a strong leader with personal drive, passion and enthusiasm to both understand and to successfully navigate a fast-moving ever changing market and collaborate with the broader Backstop Solutions Group organization.
• Previous experience selling software to the alternative investment industries is a bonus
• Comprehensive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
• Unlimited vacation time
• 401(k) with company match
• Professional organization membership
• Gourmet coffee, tea and espresso
• Casual work environment, jeans encouraged (when not visiting clients)
• Work with inquisitive, unique, and dedicated coworkers
• The chance to work for a growing service provider in the alternative and institutional financial industry
Already a member? Sign In