VP IT Business Relationship Management
Beachwood, OH, USA | Eaton Corporation
Industry:Manufacturing (Heavy Industry)
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:73 people have viewed this job
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects, and new platforms.We are currently seeking a Vice President IT Business Relationship Manager (BRM) to join our Electrical Sector BRM team.The candidate will be based at any Eaton US Facility.
The VP IT BRM will report directly to the Senior Vice President IT & BRM – Electrical Sector and functionally to the President of Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas. You will align the IT with the business strategy, drive business outcomes through IT technology, help define product roadmaps and set IT priorities. You will also partner with the enterprise IT Center of Excellence (COEs) and product teams to align roadmaps, manage the project portfolio and budget, identify innovative opportunities, drive adoption of IT standard & solutions.As part of the Crouse-Hinds, B-line leadership team you will review IT performance metrics, initiate continuous improvement actions, and drive cost out measures. The position is also expected to help set the sector IT strategy, provide emerging technology briefings, ensure operational excellence, drive cyber security, and provide executive coaching on digital transformation to business partners.
In addition, in this role you will take a strategic responsibility across the sector to align sector wide initiatives focused on engineering, the deployment of Salesforce for Field Services, Customer Relationship Management and Partner Relationship Management; Set the strategy to deploy Project Center across the sector supporting a $3.6 billion construction segment; and take configure, price and quote capabilities to the next level to drive more automation in the commercial process.
The VP.IT. Business Relation Management (BRM) role is the primary point of contact for IT services and strategic projects.The BRM:
- Leads business transformation and growth through the development and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions while reducing technology debt
- Promotes technology innovation by identifying and researching new and relevant technologies to support the vision and objectives of the business
- Aligns the Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas strategic plan, resource plan, and applications roadmaps with the Industrial and Enterprise IT strategic plans as required
- Establishes, plan, and administer the overall policies and goals for the information technology team, deliver timely results, and hold team members accountable
- Budget, track and forecast spend, evaluate new technologies, and development efforts (influence build vs. buy decisions, and hosted vs. on-prem vs. hybrid solutions) including governance of IT spend on behalf of customer groups.
- Provides leadership to ensure infrastructure, application development and support teams work collaboratively with business teams ensuring architecture, security standards, tracking metrics and continuous improvement standards are adhered to.
- Strategic Responsibilities:
- Ensure IT alignment with Sector strategy - customer advocate
- Ensure Sector / business alignment with IT strategy and IT guiding principles
- Eliminate projects / products that are not aligned with the IT strategy, have weak business benefits or are duplicate solutions to existing enterprise software portfolio
- Ensure solutions aligned with and supports architecture standards.Partner with architecture team if no standard exists
- Responsible to the Sector for service provider success and IT financials.
- Trusted advisor and introduce innovation
- BOC – influence IT structures that support our customers.
- Tactical Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate business communication & IT response during significant incidents
- Communicate Sector issues/needs within IT. Act as point of contact for customer escalations and complaints
- Establish Sector / business priorities & communicate within IT
- Accountable for defining business outcomes and benefits with business sponsor.Accountable for capturing and reporting business outcomes and benefits after reviewing with and gaining approval from business sponsor.
- Develop/manage Sector IT project / product portfolio (book of business) and IT profit plan
- Attend sector / business Reviews: communicate IT budget status, project status, key IT programs that impact them, key production support issues, communicate within IT key business objectives/initiatives, business strategy/objectives changes, budget changes, prioritization changes
- Distribute annual stakeholder survey & develop/track follow-up actions
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10+ years’ IT experience
- 5+ years of IT Application experience
- Experience in commercial applications like Salesforce and configurators
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Advanced understanding of the business or functional Strategic Plan and process
- Advanced to SME understanding of some of the business processes at Eaton or a prior Company
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of financial processes.
- Advanced understanding of business industry trends and applicability to operations or functions
- Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton key application(s.)
- Advanced to SME understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
- Proven experiencing of exhibiting a digital mindset through fostering agility and innovation.
- Proven leadership, talent development and management skills for teams in a global setting.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related technical discipline.
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of IT Application experience preferably in a customer or business facing leadership role
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Already a member? Sign In