VP Java Developer
Whippany, NJ, USA | Barclays
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
As A Barclays Senior Java Developer you will work on the firm’s strategic global trading platform. This application currently runs as the main trading application in America, Europe and Asia, supporting multiple trading desks. Candidates will work in an agile team formed of developers in the US and Europe to:
- Design and develop new trading functionality in areas targeted for growth
- Perform regular detailed code reviews
- Work with QA to coordinate and sign-off regional releases.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and develop high-quality, efficient and readable business logic code
- Having a good understanding of business analysis and documentation requirements
- Drive and influence global teams for project-oriented work
- Build consensus within groups to move in the strategic direction
- Adhering to best practices for software development at large and those within our team
- Investigating production issues and work with stakeholders to clarify requirements
- Having strong comprehension skills to analyze submitted code and infer issues
- Having strong written and oral communications skill
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other analytical field
- 7+ years proven experience with Java programming experience, with a focus on core java development with an understanding about the inner workings of the JDK and JVM
- Strong experience with Linux / Unix and Distributed file system
- Worked in designing core Java based applications
- Fully Hands on multitasker with top-notch programming skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience working on large trading applications
- Knowledge of Git or other modern VCS tools
- Strong business-level influence and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time critical team environment
- Proficiency in all aspects of the software development life cycle
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Already a member? Sign In