VP - Listed Derivatives
Mumbai, India | Morgan Stanley
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:87 people have viewed this job
Work closely with the Front Office, Compliance, IT, Projects and other operations groups to provide a high level of control in the allocations and clearing functions for Listed Derivative and OTC Cleared products, cleared within APAC region.Be a change agent and drive the direction of the group strategically by improvingthe efficiency and control aspects of Clearing, Reconciliation and Control functions
· You will be responsible for offering a line of defense against franchise risk ensuring that trades are allocated and cleared correctly by providing appropriate supervision of offshore teams and escalation where required.You will also be expected to supervise the processing currently done from within the onshore team.
· You will be responsible for ensuring current controls are enforced, liaising with IT and Projects Groups to initiate new controls and build STP Straight Through Processingto improve the firms infrastructure to increase both efficiency and control as you see fit to protect our franchise.
· Proactively exploresolutions to close control gaps and ensure adherence to existing control framework; regular review and understanding of procedures, checklists and reports to ensure they are accurate and current
· Ensure the completion and delivery of all trade, position and cash intercompany and exchange reconciliations on a timely basis to minimize the risk exposure to the firm and its clients
· Contribute to Global functional business plans as well as successfully execute on the local business agenda. Manage to the teams budget targets
· Set direction for the team, create culture of control and set expectations for team members
· Manage people’s career development, make resourcing decisions and evaluate performance against goals
· Establish broader networks to foster co-operation and build consensus in order to achieve business results.
· Senior point of contact and escalation for Compliance, Audit and Regulator inquiries.
Champion the operational changes required to implement processes to satisfy Local and Global regulatory changes including EMIR and Dodd Frank regulations
Partner closely with Technology, Risk and Change Management teams; building and maintaining these relationships are critical to the success of this role
10+ years experience in the financial industry within Operations roles
Senior level futures industry experience preferred; working for a Broker dealer and well versed with the Listed Derivatives markets preferred.
Excellent communication skills with subordinates, peers and senior stakeholders
Proven ability to work across Global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
Understand and adapt to Regulatory and Industry change
Proven track record of achieving results optimizing resources and driving efficiencies.
Ability to analyze data to determine root causes of problems
Exposure to strategic CTB [change the bank] & RTB [run the bank] initiatives impacting the Listed Derivatives markets will be an advantage.