VP, Local Market Engagement Leader
Bethpage, NY, USA | Altice USA
Industry:Telecommunications & Wireless
Job Description:60 people have viewed this job
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
The Local Market Engagement team serves as the connective tissue between business functions in the markets, the regional and corporate teams, and within communities, by advocating for the customer and executing improvement plans to promote customer, profitability and NPS growth.
The Vice President, Optimum Market Engagement is responsible for monitoring and influencing activity leveraging market health scorecards, maintaining hyper-local views to drive alignment with internal and external stakeholders, and building and leveraging relationships within communities and with customers to deliver on business objectives.
This role leads and influences in a highly matrixed environment, partnering closely across Product Strategy, Sales, CBM, Marketing, Government Affairs, Legal, Operations, Engineering, Business Planning, and Corporate.
This leader participates in senior executive meetings focused on reaching Net Gain goals for customer relationships and driving community and customer engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a team of Local Market Specialists to ensure our market strategies are understood and are delivered as planned. Champion the customer excellence agenda, driving quality of service to maximize the value Optimum receives from each customer while embracing new and innovative ways of working
- Assemble team to ensure optimal coverage of all areas that Optimum operates.
- Responsible for leading a team that is actively engaging local management and employees to discuss the direction of the market experience across customer, employee, and community perspectives
- Act as an escalation point for all systemic market performance issues, supporting resolution of issues as they are identified.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the products/services and how they work and will have need for immediate action, networking and negotiation ability for effective issue resolution. Root cause analysis will need to occur to ensure issues do not re-occur.
- Partner with Government Affairs to deliver positive engagement with external stakeholders including Regulators, Public Service Commissions (PSU) and Board of Public Utilities (BPU)
- Promote awareness in the community and to customers of key corporate initiatives including Fiber to the Home, encryption, Diversity & Inclusion activities, Digital Access, STEM, etc.
- Champion storm recovery efforts and other business continuity efforts as they arise
- Support video strategies through deployment of encryption to help increase Video penetration
- Serve as business lead for the development of market strategies, actions, and performance updates, helping to disseminate information to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead team to a high standard of subject matter expertise for the market, attaining a full understanding of all competitors and ensuring we minimize risk to the customer and employee experience
- Keep a constant eye on KPIs that run the business and proxy the customer experience and support growth. Drive improvement through influence, transparency, and escalation.
- Partner with Corporate project management leads to ensure projects are executed per plan and schedule
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, or related discipline; Master's degree is preferable
- 10+ years of experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- 10+ years of facilitation/leadership experience in which several of the following abilities have been demonstrated:
- Building executive-level customer relationships & responding to strategic business needs
- Strategic thinking and leadership and relationship management
- Managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects and programs
- Leading multidisciplinary, high-performance teams
- Developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
- Comprehensive understanding of performance KPIs and how to influence them in a subscription-based model
- Experience in traditional strategy development and market financials
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience presenting complex ideas and concepts in a compelling way to Senior Leadership teams
- Experience creating, justifying and managing large multi-million-dollar operating budgets is preferred
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law.This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
Already a member? Sign In