VP Marketing Science - EMEA
London, United Kingdom | Xaxis
Consulting - IT
Job Description:81 people have viewed this job
Title:VP of Marketing Science, Xaxis EMEA
Reporting to:MD of Operations, Xaxis EMEA
Xaxis is The Outcome Media Company. We are programmatic pioneers who drive the industry forward. Xaxis is determined to revolutionise the industry and this has led the company to achieve fast and sizeable expansion with 48 proactive markets across the globe. Xaxis has a distinctive culture within its parent company GroupM, influenced by the fact we invest in innovative proprietary technologies, often first incubated and developed at Xaxis and then adopted more broadly across GroupM.
The VP of Marketing Science leads Data Science and Analytics & Insights strategy and delivery for EMEA. The role is responsible for driving the application of advanced data techniques for our global/regional clients and Xaxis markets to reach our annual growth targets.
Key functional areas of responsibility are:
- Analytics, Business Intelligence & Data Science
- Marketing Theory and application of data for brand demand generation
- Data Platforms, cloud computing and APIs
- Online Advertising Targeting, Measurement and Attribution
- Be a trusted partner with Xaxis’ global and local market stakeholders to identify opportunities for AI-centric ‘Custom Outcome’ opportunities.
- Together with local Xaxis Engagement teams, establish a partnership with key agency data teams to encourage AI/Outcomes centric campaign planning.
- Evangelize our AI first approach to our people, the business, our clients & industry to cultivate growth and new business opportunities.
- Drive transformational change as the leader of collaborative, insight-led innovation to deliver data driven decision making across Xaxis.
- Own timely delivery of centrally provided Marketing Science services and facilitate regular stakeholder feedback on service offering, adapting priorities where required.
- Lead road mapping to enhance data led capabilities including automation, operational reporting and due diligence checks across the region to drive efficiency and quality whilst minimizing business risk.
- For any Marketing Science requirements, act as the bridge between Xaxis EMEA, Xaxis Global, Choregraph and external technology vendors to ensure our needs are defined, prioritized and delivered in timely manner.
- Enable core markets to provide thought leadership and local innovation in Data Science, AI and utilization of external data sets allowing Xaxis to be the standout offer in delivering Outcomes.
- Together with the rest of the EMEA leadership team, continue to develop and scale activities to shape Xaxis EMEA HQ as a Centre of Innovation & Excellence.
- Lead the Marketing Science team, setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- You motivate, inspire, coach, and evaluate the performance of your data scientists, and you bring in and structure the team to meet the business needs.
- Lead regional initiative status and working meetings; ensure the team prepare and distribute milestone progress reports; manage risks and issues.
- Instill a collaborative and effective ‘one team’ ethos with the wider Xaxis, GroupM & WPP teams at local, regional, and global to deliver client growth.
- Be a strong advocate of our Xaxis values, leading by example, driving the team to show collaboration, innovation, and passion.
- A strategic, data driven and performance focused leader.
- Experience leading data science/marketing analytics/consumer insights in a programmatic media company, ad serving platform, media agency, trading desk or relevant start-up.
- Experienced working with clients, consulting, partnering, and providing high performing outcome focused solutions
- Strong track record of crowdsourcing roadmap requirements, prioritization and updating business stakeholders of initiative status.
- Strong knowledge of the technical and statistical aspects of data engineering, analytics and data science, including knowledge of cloud computing and dashboarding tools.
- Understanding of digital/media/marketing data sources and metrics preferred: Digital (e.g. Web, Social, Display, Search. Programmatic, etc.); Media (e.g. buying models, Impressions, GRP); Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (ROI, Churn, etc.)
- Experience with Data Platforms, APIs and Cloud Computing Services like AWS/GCP.
- Experience in delivering cross-functional initiatives and demonstrated ability to maintain team focus to effectively overcome roadblocks and manage conflict.
- Experience in working across multiple markets is desirable.
Core Xaxis Values
- DE&I: Proactively develop diverse teams and implement and promote diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives that reflect the diversity of Modern Britain. Serves as a role model for inclusion and holds teams to account for inclusive behaviours.
- Innovative: Recognise and celebrate innovation, instilling excitement in others about what can be accomplished by bravely going beyond.Challenge existing ways of working, bringing in external thinking to identify and implement solutions that have the potential to improve the work delivered by teams.
- Accountable Role model accountable for results and empowers others to take ownership, investing high levels of energy to deliver critical initiatives and motivate teams. Display the determination, drive and ambition to drive multiple teams forward and achieve excellent results.
- Collaborative: Engages effectively with multiple teams and business leaders who are critical to success through formal and informal relationship-building opportunities. Role model and reward collaborative behaviours and commitment to business objectives across multiple teams.
- Focused: Role models and rewards commitment to getting the job done and establishes expectations for teams to focus and deliver on outputs. Sets clear priorities for multiple teams to deliver to internal and external stakeholders.
Already a member? Sign In