VP Materials/Membrane Research
Port Washington, NY, USA | Cepheid
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Pall Industrial is seeking a highly motivated R&D leader for the position of Vice President of Membrane Research reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer. The VP of Materials/Membrane Research will lead global teams engaged with research in materials to develop membranes and media that enables next generation filtration, separation, and purification applications for Pall Industrial business units – Aerospace, Microelectronics, Fluid Technologies and Asset Protection and Food & Beverage - with combined annual revenues >$1.5B.
This role is ideal for a high energy thought leader who has had both professional career focus and academic background in Material Science, Membrane Science and Surface Modifications.
This individual leads the research by building internal support capabilities for state of art metrology, computation and modeling, and advanced tools like AI/ML and/or collaborating with external entities in academia and industry, as needed. The VP of membrane research would be a people leader with solid scientific achievements as evidenced through peer reviewed journal publications, patents, and technical speaking engagements on polymer science.
It's an exciting time to join Pall!
- Provide technical leadership to global teams of highly skilled and motivated scientists, drive breakthrough innovation, develop technology strategy and lead research that enables next generation filtration, separation & purification technology, and products.
- Develop technology strategy and roadmap for membrane research that aligns to Pall Industrial vision and business unit strategy to support various markets and applications.
- Work closely with Pall Industrial leadership team, CTO leaders and collaborate with business unit GMs, R&D, manufacturing, and Market leaders to identify opportunities and develop R&D strategy that is aligned to the market needs.
- Leads and develops an organization that adopts new technologies and tools like artificial intelligence, machine learning for computation & simulation and metrology as aids in accelerating innovation in materials science and chemistry.
- Lead and build partnerships with academia, industry and consortia that enable groundbreaking research for next generation materials, processes, and techniques.
- Lead Innovation using DBS Innovation tool set or similar innovation tools; benchmark with other Danaher Operating Companies for innovation best practices.
- Have proven business acumen and P&L related responsibility.
- Able to develop and execute winning strategies through a creative and intellectually curious approach.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills, quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills, with strong business acumen.
- Able to lead an organization through significant change without losing momentum; inspire continuous focus on key business drivers, as well as Pall Industrial’s mission and values.
- Identify learning needs and ensures proper development opportunities are created and delivered.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in innovation and business skill set through continuing education.
- Able to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity.
- Inclusive and authentic leader that and earns trust and builds psychological safety in a global organization with high degree of awareness and actions that foster a diverse and inclusive team.
- Able to identify problems; lead and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause as data driven. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution.
- Able to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Strategic leader that effectively prioritizes and leads in a complex, large-scale matrix organization.
- PhD in Polymer or Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or any relevant field with 15+ years of R&D experience with an established track record in material science, porous membrane innovation, functional chemistry, new product development and intellectual property generation.
- 10+ years of technology leadership, direct people management experience and experience managing teams with more than 40 individuals consisting of R&D scientists and engineers.
- Experience in leading R&D teams for technology and new product development is preferred. Experience in filtration is desirable.
- Knowledge and expertise in materials research and process development of polymer materials, fluoropolymer chemistry systems, organometallic chemistry, and surface modification of polymeric/porous membranes or organic substrates is desirable.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Already a member? Sign In