VP, Measurement & Data Strategy
Chicago, IL, USA | MERGE
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:94 people have viewed this job
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our VP, Measurement & Data Strategy, you will...
Be Accountable and Responsible
MERGE’s Strategy & Unified Measurement (SUM) practice provides data-driven decisioning and technology enablement for more personalized, measurable marketing experiences. We solve business challenges by connecting data assets and supporting marketing technologies to our clients marketing objectives. The practice is comprised of Data Strategy, Analytics, and Data Science teams working together to maximize business impact, for a SUM greater than its parts.
In this role you will serve as a leader in Measurement & Data Strategy, accountable for driving sustainable growth (client, team, financial) for corresponding service offering and productized solutions. You will oversee the delivery of Measurement & Data Strategy services across the client base, working in tandem with Analytics & Data Science team members well as other cross-functional service offering leaders (CRM, Media, etc). This will include expanding existing measurement strategy offerings (e.g. Data Collection, Customer Analytics, Marketing Mix Modeling, etc.), operationalizing new offerings, developing supporting sales content, marketing solutions externally, and overseeing the delivery of measurement or data strategy to clients – in conjunction with both internal teams and external partners. In doing so, you’ll ensure the company is constantly innovating on our offering and acting strategically for long term business viability, in accordance with a services roadmap overseen by the SVP of Strategy & Unified Measurement.
This function has originated largely ad-hoc via client demands for integrated measurement, data infrastructure, supporting digital marketing technologies, and related professional services enablement. There is a major opportunity to standardize and productize our measurement and data strategy offerings to drive increased sales, efficiency, and effectiveness of delivery.
• Client Delivery:
o Deliver best-in-class consulting projects and client experiences related to Measurement solutions, at some of the biggest and most awesome brands in the world
o Develop and deliver high-quality Measurement Strategy recommendations, roadmaps, and business cases utilizing creative problem solving, strong critical thinking skills and analytical excellence.
o Demonstrate thought leadership in the measurement space to understand the client’s data landscape and determine how to best leverage different data sources while recommending future data collection infrastructure optimizations.
o Acting as a SME you will partner closely with Account Management teams to shape an agenda for our support, collaboratively develop proposals, and integrate new projects into their ongoing strategy
• Practice Area Productization:
o Develop measurement solutions in the form of standardized service offerings and product solutions (including repeatable activities and standardized deliverables) based on client needs, team capabilities, and financial opportunity
o Scope and price solutions to support financial growth and effective delivery.
o Work with internal operational groups to outline processes, platform certifications, and any available partner training and/or outsourcing options for effective solution delivery.
o Train and develop team members to be able to lead measurement engagements and deliver high-impact output for our clients across.
• Business Development & Marketing:
o Lead the creation of sales materials, template deliverables, and case studies to support Measurement solutions growth.
o Support the Marketing team in planning for and contributing to content related to Measurement partners, including but not limited to joint collateral, solutions overviews, website content, webinars, events, and/or award submissions.
o Work with the Business Development & Client Services teams as needed to assist in the identification of sales opportunities for solutions, including partnered services or strategies via ongoing account mapping.
o Develop and iterate on related content to support the sales process based on the brands’ objectives, to win business.
o Attend sales prep and/or client discovery meetings as needed; ask strategic questions and involve related partners as needed to ID opportunities.
o Work with partner’s team to provide relevant information and content in support of related sales opportunities.
o As needed on selected strategic sales opportunities, be a member of the pitch team to present solutions and/or partner related content, within specialized Measurement Strategy expertise.
o Ensure all partner opportunities are appropriately tracked in Salesforce as well as shared partner Google docs.
• MERGE Thought Leadership:
o Develop subject matter expertise in omnichannel measurement & activation (site & media), MERGE’s products & analytical capabilities/SME, relevant emerging technology, and other related business areas; act as internal expert in key components of the client business model
o Stay informed on a changing landscape of digital channels, technology, and platforms globally
o Engage with team leadership to evolve team organization, engagement model, and instill additional structure needed to scale through fast paced growth
o Engage in strategic discussions and initiatives, recruiting, developing, mentoring team members, and actively leading and participating in internal projects to build our foundation for growth
• Data & Measurement Technology Strategy
o Support Measurement & Data related Partnerships, working with assigned lead(s) within the Business Development organization on joint service offerings or co-marketing activities that produce agency revenue
o Advocate and champion adoption of MERGE proprietary tool set to external clients based on measurement needs.
o Articulate the long-term vision and goals for MERGE proprietary products which influences the product roadmaps, supported by data and internal and external analysis while identifying any new business requirements for the technology team to prioritize.
o Act as a resource for internal teams in planning, selling, delivering, and marketing a partnership.
o Discuss, schedule with approval, and attend as requested, new vendor discussions to identify key developments, gaps in strategies leveraged, or new partners in the digital space
o Act as an external and internal “thought-leader” on MERGE’s strategic Measurement & Data Strategy partners, new offerings, and differentiated approach
These are the qualifications we’re looking
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work history
• 12+ years in digital marketing with a focus on measuring and optimizing the cross-channel audience experience
• 8+ years of partnering with client teams to establish deep knowledge of their business needs and independently present a holistic story (integrating quantitative and qualitative data touchpoints)
• Extensive experience in marketing measurement, KPI frameworks, data collection, data analysis, quantitative research, data modeling, and/or management consulting work in a data-driven environment
• Experience with attribution and journey based analytics incl. cross-channel journey analysis, marketing attribution modeling, multi-touch marketing attribution, incrementality testing, and other measurement methodologies
• Experience planning or utilizing A/B testing tools e.g. Optimizely or Google Optimize and conducting incrementality / lift studies
• Familiarity with use case generation for data platforms e.g. Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and Data Onboarding
• Excellent process and project management skills to deliver a variety of concurrent and fast-moving projects from initiation to execution
• Proficient in applying shared learnings and emerging industry trends across client engagements
• Strong understanding of digital marketing channels including Email, Display, Paid Search, Affiliate and Social Media marketing
• Able to drive multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with limited guidance
• Exhibit team leadership in facilitating knowledge share and training programs
• Able to explain complex ideas to audiences both sophisticated and novice to digital
• Able to garner internal buy-in on strategic initiatives from Operations and Executive teams
• Ability to think outside the box to drive and inspire creativity in the development and execution of digital programs
• Self-starter with a solution-oriented mindset and willingness to do the work needed to deliver the solution
• Exposure to retail, financial or health industries
• Familiarity with data science modeling, methodologies, and toolsets
• Familiarity with the expanding role of Data Cloud Platforms in the data landscape
Compensation: $155,000 - $195,000
Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training and experience. MERGE’s career ladders reflect department growth from Associate through Partner levels, with details of roles and responsibilities associated with each level. New hires are assigned a job level within a particular position based on these criteria and salary is set within the job level based on these criteria. Growth from one level to the next occurs when employees master their role, and are promoted into the next level, generally during salary review cycles which are posted in the employee handbook.
Already a member? Sign In