VP of Lending Technology Strategy & Support
San Francisco, CA, USA | First Republic Investment Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:110 people have viewed this job
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Lending Services, we document, fund, and service all loans for First Republic. We’re also responsible for servicing investor and collateral loan portfolios, as well as responding to client and loan team inquiries. Lending Services provides operational support in streamlining workflow processes, driving product development, and providing training, lending compliance support, and professional development resources. Additionally, we provide operational risk and internal control oversight, support lending-based systems and vendors, and manage technology projects across First Republic product lines.
As VP of Technology and Product Strategy, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Lending Services Technology and Product Strategy group.This position will provide representation to other departments and stakeholders for technology initiatives that either are led by, or will impact Lending throughout the organization.This involves recommending systems and automation strategies for augmenting short and long-term business growth, managing large-scale initiatives, and recommendations for improved operational scalability, and the development of Technology/Product Strategy management and teams to create a productive and engaged environment.
This position provides strategic direction for the analysis, submission, and management of departmental and strategic initiatives related to technology.The overall goal is to improve service through the use of efficient processes while evaluating risk and optimizing resources to contribute to the overall growth of the organization.The ideal candidate is a visionary who has experience in leading and working with cross functional teams and has demonstrated the ability to consult and work with various levels of management and individual contributors, analyze business needs, provide recommendations and develop appropriate strategies.
What you’ll do as a VP of Lending Technology Strategy & Support
- Lead the Lending Technology Strategy & Support team with vision, clarity, and long-range strategic thinking in order to successfully develop and implement technology solutions and initiatives in a methodical manner that support the overall goals and initiatives for Lending Services
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives that provide scalable solutions that focus on service, internally and externally, while reducing risk
- Maintain knowledge of the technologies in the Mortgage, Consumer, and Commercial Lending Industry to ensure that product offerings remain competitive and support the business model of the organization
- Formulation, communication, and implementation of strategic technology-related group and company initiatives
- Effectively manage the use of resources related to projects and support initiatives
- Identify and implement creative solutions to support growth and efficiencies within the business model
- Design, prepare and present tools to allow line of business managers to effectively manage production
- Support SVP and Group Managers in Lending Services in providing tools to monitor staff and production elements from related systems and processes
- Provide strategic oversight on department-level employee engagement initiatives
- Manage staff, deliverables and group goals in line with overall company strategy
- Provide monthly status reports of initiatives to peers and management team
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelors Degree / MBA preferred
- 7+ years technology leadership experience, preferably in the Loan Operations or related field
- Exceptionally strong analytical, process and people skills
- Excellent team building and coaching skills
- Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong MS Access, PowerPoint / Project Management
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career?If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
Already a member? Sign In