VP of Procurement & Marketing
Dallas, TX, USA | Performance Food Group
Industry:Food & Beverages
Job Description:107 people have viewed this job
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
The Vice President of Purchasing & Marketing is responsible for managing all aspects of product procurement, including program negotiation with manufacturers, hiring, training, coaching, and counseling of all staff members; achieving corporate goals as established by the senior management team, ensuring corporate profitability as related to vendor bill-back and inbound freight programs, development and execution of annual marketing programs. Manages product portfolio to meet the customer needs while maximizing local and corporate earnings. Conducts large opportunity product cuttings with current and potential customers to penetrate existing customers and help on board new customers.
- This leader is a member of the operating company senior leadership team, reporting to the President.
- Supervises associates to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution.
- Manage an acceptable level of inventory which best enhances the company’s financial position. Negotiate with vendors for best price and program. Manage inventory dollar levels to achieve optimum cash flow and service level.
- Interact with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner; ensure customers' and vendors' questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Respond to customer inquiries. Maintain fill rate service levels to company’s standards.
- Establish procedures which increase the efficiency of the purchasing department and allow the department to function at the highest level of productivity.
- Improve purchasing strategies and processes based upon knowledge of the food distribution industry. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and continued development in the foodservice industry.
- Responsible for all marketing functions including, but not limited to, Food Shows; Market Focused Shows; Meal Ticket, Insights and Impacts; Social Media; Sales Incentive Promotions; Customer Focused Promotions; New Product Launches and Segmented Catalogs.
- Maximize vendor financial participation and activity.
- Participate and lead strategic bid analysis for large potential and existing customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years + of experience leading the procurement function in the foodservice industry in a management role
- 10 years + of experience leading the procurement function in the foodservice industry in a management role
Already a member? Sign In