VP of Product, Startup Creation
New York, NY, USA | Redesign Health
Industry:Wellness / Fitness / Spa
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
As our VP of Product for our OpCo Creation team, you will lead the development of fresh ideas into products by owning the product requirements process, which includes research, design, and product personnel. The OpCo creation product platform really focuses on leveraging our amazing product, design, and research talent, while owning process & product requirement documents that provide clarity on what will be built and scale to users.
You will also work on the development of new innovation tools and technology that accelerate our ability to launch products for our operating companies. You will focus on the codification of launch processes as well as implementation goals and develop systems that support Redesign to launch 100 companies within 5 years.
You will work closely with our venture leaders across Redesign to ensure your team is assisting them with their product needs in a sprint like fashion to get to the highest quality and speed to launching their companies. Finally, you will also support the leaders of Redesign portfolio companies in building product muscle. This role requires someone who “has done it” multiple times from idea to scale, and can leverage their experience, network.
You will report to and work with the Head of Product. This role is 100% remote.
What you'll do:
• Redesign Product
- Portfolio Management: Pwn our weekly sprint planning, updates to product portfolio, and risk/mitigation plans for every operating idea or company as part of Redesign’s portfolio
- Scalable Processes: Continuously evolve and streamline our product processes to provide the right people & templates to achieve fast and high quality execution of products for Operating Companies
- Knowledge Libraries: Scale your team members to develop libraries, how-to, insights that are repeatable for every operating company, so talent can focus on high value activities
- Research: Responsible for the team that owns all user, product, and usability research at redesign, as well as all quantitative research
- Design: Responsible for all OpCo related design strategy and design work work from concept to end to end product design for OpCos
- Product: Responsible for all product managers that support every operating company, their PRDs, and the quality of their work
- Associate Program: Launch and own an associate junior program that brings in a high bar of excellent associate PMs, designers, and researchers on a 2-year rotation to help support our operating companies, while proving to be a best-in-class breeding ground for the next generation of product talent
• Redesign Foundational OpCo Platform
- Fundamental Tooling: Own and launch a sprint platform, and alerting as it relates to our fundamental OpCo creation product at Redesign
- Process Management: Own Redesign’s internal task management platforms (Jira, Notion, Coda), scale processes for cross-functional teams to follow, and maintain a portfolio review of all of our companies, stages, and open tasks
- Intake: Own Redesign’s technology intake system which helps prioritize our new ideas, organize these ideas into technical/functional categories or themes and eventually make the intake system an intelligent platform
- Digital Footprint: Set up and maintain Redesign Health’s Intranet and Extranet which highlights our proprietary process
• Technical Advisory & Consulting
- Serve as a technical advisor across Redesign Health’s portfolio companies; provide guidance on architectural decisions, third-party vendor selection, and best practices around building world class digital health products for patients, providers, payors and other stakeholders.
- Partner with Redesign Health’s Head of Talent & People to design and implement a technical recruiting process, including a high-quality talent assessment tool.
- Lean into the product requirements definition process for zero to one ventures.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of product management experience, in particular launching zero to one products and features
- At least 5 years of experience as a hiring manager in technical recruiting and managing a team of product managers, designers, and researchers
- An accomplished hiring manager, with a discerning ability to identify, attract and close top product talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Genuine enthusiasm about new technologies that will help solve complex problems and help people live healthier lives
- The ability to challenge, excite and engage candidates through rigorous yet invigorating interview processes that you will design and lead
- The ability to interact effectively with company founders and management teams
- An entrepreneurial drive and excitement about improving healthcare through business and technology innovation
• Technical Skills
- Experience building highly collaborative, and functioning product teams
- Experience with owning the requirements and launching apps, websites, chatbots
- Experience with growing a high performing product organization with structured processes
- Experience working as a thought-partner with CEOs, engineering and recruiting leadership to develop best-in-class product recruiting organizations, processes and employer brand
- Experience in design with Figma, Adobe, and design systems/thinking
- The holistic commercial sensibility and intellectual curiosity of a true polyglot, who is language agnostic and cares about using the right tools for the job, including what languages might be best for attracting talent
• Behavioral Skills
- Manages Ambiguity. Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without having the total picture. Is calm, and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Operating effectively, even when things are not certain of the way forward is unclear.
- Attracts Top Talent. Attracts and selects diverse and high caliber talent. Finds the right talent to meet the group’s needs. Closes talent gaps with the right balance or internal and external candidates. Is a good judge of talent. Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs.
- Action Oriented. Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Drives Vision and Purpose. Talks about future possibilities in a positive way. Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision. Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future. Shows personal commitment to the vision. Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
• Redesign healthcare - We bring positive change to patients’ lives
• Own the outcome - We do the work to get the job done
• Be trusted partners - We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
• Champion diverse perspectives - We work to unlock our joint potential
• Practice kindness - We aim to build bridges, not walls
• Learn continuously - We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out a few of our highlighted benefits below:
• Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
• Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
• Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
• Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program
Already a member? Sign In